User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2002 5:18:41 PM EDT

Translation:

(Zeit Punkte)
Time Period
(Das Magazin zu Themen der Zeit)
A Magazine Which Reflects The Time
(Wohin marschiert die Bundeswehr?)
Where do the German Federal Armed Forces March?

Link Posted: 4/4/2002 5:53:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like this soldier is some sort of German special forces member. It looks like he might be set up for a HALO type jump. I believe that is a device for high altitude jumping on his left wrist. Umm HK USP :).
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 6:45:35 PM EDT
[#2]
He is either a pilot or a paratrooper due to parachute and compase on wrist. I am leaning for paratrooper due to helmet.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 4:25:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 4:43:56 AM EDT
[#4]
OH! Well it reminded me of the luftwaffe wrist compass.

Link Posted: 4/5/2002 5:06:35 AM EDT
[#5]
He's not necessarily geared up for HALO (No O2 gear visible), but he's got the stuff for a "normal" jump.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 5:22:34 AM EDT
[#6]
He'd definitely rigged for a free fall jump, German static line rigs/harnesses are much the same as ours,ie. Isreal Kroop googles, altimeter
and to the right of his watch is AAD (Automatic Activation Device) that's hooked to his reserve or his main...sport rig hooked to reserve and military hooked to the main...last but not least, looks like "squares" (ram-air canopies) in the background.....
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 7:02:21 AM EDT
[#7]
He's going to have some messy goggles if he sneezes.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 3:19:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't know about you guys, but I think I can appreciate the picture.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top