Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2002 12:53:19 PM EDT
I just recently purchased my first AR, bushmaster e2s shorty and i've got a couple questions. I took it out to the range last week and was getting some jammage, seemed like once every clip of 10 or so. The bolt would get stuck halfway, as soon as I pulled the charging handle back and released it it went forward and fired fine. Is this mabye because its a new rifle (manf 12/27/01) and needs some kind of break in? I was useing UMC 55gr.

On post ban and pre ban stuff, I know its  illegal to add the cool features onto a post ban weapon. Is it just a legal thing, or is pre/post ban receivers/parts actually different?
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 1:10:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 1:23:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Bushmaster post-ban magazines are a little "tense".  I had the same problem.  Now I just throw those mags into a shoebox and use my hi-caps.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 1:46:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I also baught an Orlite 30rd magazine, are these any good?
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 3:58:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Thermolds work fine in Bushy's. Orlites are picky. Some work ok, some dont. I would try some different mags first.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 4:27:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Troy, if I can tap into hour knowledge bank. Why is it we can buy pistols with good post ban magazines that you can take apart, but the post ban mags for ARs all suck. I know the A(rse)T(raitors)F(or gun control) brain dead decisions have something to do with it. I know the Alcholic Trolls for Feinstein don't want us to put one more precious round in a magazine. It would be nice to get some decent 10 round magazines to use so we don't put wear and tear on good legal pre ban 30 round magazines. The whole hi cap ban really chaffs my nipples when ever I think of it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 7:18:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey Troy, can he say nipples?

Link Posted: 4/4/2002 8:10:52 PM EDT
[#7]

I know the A(rse)T(raitors)F(or gun control) brain dead decisions have something to do with it. I know the Alcholic Trolls for Feinstein don't want us to put one more precious round in a magazine.

Dont blame the atf for the laws, their job is only to enforce them.  the real ones to blame are the damn democrats, specifically clinton.  hes the one that created the damn assault weapons ban in the first place.(i think)
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 8:20:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I know that the ATF is not responsible for the restrictions of 1994 ban of hi-cap magazines, collapsible stock, barrel length, and bayonet. The ATF is responsible for approving the new 10 round magazines made for the ARs.

If I can't use nipples how bout nonfunctioning chest ports.

Edited because I forgot about our beloved flash suppressors.

The ATF may not make the laws, but those clowns could choose another job in law enforcement that is honorable.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 11:48:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I've noticed one small difference between pre-ban and post-ban lowers: On my Bushy post-bans, there's an area on the right inside of the receiver, above the safety selector that is not milled flush with the surrounding area. It's about 2mm thicker on the right versus the left, just in that area. This is not the case with my pre-ban. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've been told that this is to make conversion to full-auto more difficult(using a DIAS?).
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 11:54:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I know that the ATF is not responsible for the restrictions of 1994 ban of hi-cap magazines, collapsible stock, barrel length, and bayonet. The ATF is responsible for approving the new 10 round magazines made for the ARs.

If I can't use nipples how bout nonfunctioning chest ports.

Edited because I forgot about our beloved flash suppressors.

The ATF may not make the laws, but those clowns could choose another job in law enforcement that is honorable.

I'll second that last line.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 2:40:31 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I just recently purchased my first AR, bushmaster e2s shorty and i've got a couple questions. I took it out to the range last week and was getting some jammage, seemed like once every clip of 10 or so. The bolt would get stuck halfway, as soon as I pulled the charging handle back and released it it went forward and fired fine. Is this mabye because its a new rifle (manf 12/27/01) and needs some kind of break in? I was useing UMC 55gr.

On post ban and pre ban stuff, I know its  illegal to add the cool features onto a post ban weapon. Is it just a legal thing, or is pre/post ban receivers/parts actually different?

You DID field strip, thoroughly clean, and lubricate your rifle BEFORE firing it for the first time, RIGHT???  You'll be amazed at the kind of crap you'll find in a NIB factory rifle!  It will run more reliably after a few hundred rounds, though...gotta break it in! :)

Cheers,

Steve
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 5:04:23 AM EDT
[#12]
I took it apart and slapped some oil in there, it wasn't really dirty at all
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 6:18:49 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

How about lubing it with CLP per the Operator's Manual (-10)?
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 6:50:31 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How about lubing it with CLP per the Operator's Manual (-10)?

Second.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 6:53:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Lube up that Bad Boy, I know Bushmaster & Springfiled ship their rifles dry.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 9:18:31 AM EDT
[#16]
No it defenetly wasn't dry, but I'll go through it again and lube it up
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top