Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2002 4:29:19 PM EDT
I finally had to change the A2 aperature to a A1 to tighten up my groups.  The large hole A2 sucks.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 4:37:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Gee, I really like it.

The large hole for screwing around....hmmmm that doesn't sound so good, do it?

And the small aperature for serious stuff.

I like it so much that if I ever get around to getting another fixed sight upper I'll put the A2 aperature in it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 4:41:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never used the large aperature. Even in the 4 years I was in the Airborne Infantry, I don't recall ever using it.
AIRBORNE!
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 4:41:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Gee, I really like it.

The large hole for screwing around....hmmmm A2 a

I prefer the tighter hole myself
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 4:45:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Never used large apeture in 16 years of shooting ARs , looser than my last girlfriend
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 5:05:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I hate the A2 front sight post-

Was used to my M1-A sight post, and when I tried doing some 100yd stuff for the first time with my AR, I realized what a big black telephone pole I had blocking the center of the target.

For $12.95 I ordered a new .052" front sight post from the new Bushmaster catalog, very close in dimensions to my M1A sight, and I can actually see the center of the target at 100yds now.  Very cheap, long distance shooting improvement, and dropped right in to replace the A2 front sight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top