Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2002 1:01:42 PM EDT
Entreprise has promag glock 19 high caps for $10.  These are polymer, and shouldn't hurt your mag retention button, and would make great range mags, can't beat em for $10.  WWW.Entreprise.com - look under products, then pistol mags.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 1:29:24 PM EDT
[#1]
 ARE  'PROMAG' magazines reliable ???
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 1:44:29 PM EDT
[#2]
The model promag, with the metal liner... just like Glock "drop-fee" mags, are known to be very reliable.

These particular mags I do not believe are metal lined.

However, I have had a unlined promag, and it functioned 100% in range use.  However, I would never bet my life on it, based on reading other peoples posts on Glocktalk.com.

That all being said... these mags typically go for $15-$25 on gunbroker.com, and $10 is incredibly cheap.  I picked up 10 of these myself, just to tuck away.  If the 1994 crime bill is renewed, these will be harder to find, and will go up in value.  You can always get your money out of them.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 4:57:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a Promag, metal-lined, before I knew better, for my G19.  I have tried trimming the flash from the follower, cleaning up the spring, etc, but can't get it to reliably work with the full 15 rounds.  Works good with 10, but for that price, I'll stick with the factory mags.  I won't use the ProMag for carry use in any case.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 6:03:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 6:56:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I have both styles for my G17 and the metal lined ones work the best. For $10 they do make good range mags, of course you do end up using more ammo at the range .
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 3:56:08 AM EDT
[#6]
For what its worth;

I bought two of the metal-lined pro-mags w/o the witness holes (a m17 and m19). Neither one worked without jamming every other round. I worked with the feed lips on the 19 but no luck. I eventually replaced the springs in both with Wolfe +10% replacements which did the trick. They both have functioned flawlessly at the range with over 400 rounds fired through each ever since. I also bought two of the Pro-mag m19 from Enterprise (not lined). Both of these have functioned flawlessly from the day I received them. I haven't run too many rounds through them yet but so far so good. I do worry about ware on the plastic feed lips w/o the metal liner. In a SHTF situation I would still grab the 10rnd P.C. mags that came with my G-19 than bet my life on any of the pro-mags. I guess I am hoping that at some point I could somehow have my 4 Pro-Mags "repaired" i.e. replaced by Glock for the purchase price of LEO mags.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 6:11:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Anybody know where I can get resonably priced Glock 22 high caps? I won't hold my breath. HAHA  CAPITALIST
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 9:11:56 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Anybody know where I can get resonably priced Glock 22 high caps? I won't hold my breath. HAHA  CAPITALIST

The most consistent supplier of "reasonable" Glock 22 high caps I've found is CDNN. FMLs in very good condition for $79. Not cheap, but not astronomical either.

www.cdnninvestments.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top