Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2002 10:30:09 PM EDT
Just looking at the rear site on my new A1 style M4 Bushy.  I know the site just flips from close range under 300m or so to L or long range.  But I'm having the darndest time flipping this thing, I don't want to break anything.  Just wondering if these are supposed to be this difficult to flip.  I'm using most of my might trying to flip this too, to the point where it hurts my thumb.

If they are supposed to be SUPER tight, I'll give it a good shove, maybe with some oil.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 10:31:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Also, how easy is it to remove this site.....I mean the screw, the site, the bar spring I see under it.  Is it super hard getting back in?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 10:33:18 PM EDT
[#2]
nope, mine flips back and forth quite easily.  

I don't know if thats a characteristic of a new rifle though as I've never owned a new AR.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 10:48:54 PM EDT
[#3]
K, figured as much.  This rifle has been sitting for a LONG time with barely any use.

Any ideas on the site removal?  If it's easy to get back in?
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 10:11:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Easy as pie. Punch out the roll pin on the windage drum, catch the detent and detent spring, unscrew the adjusting screw and take out the flat spring. You could probably try to flatten the spring some with a c-clamp or a pair of pliers, but don't overdo it. If you flatten it too much it's a 50 cent part to replace.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 10:29:48 AM EDT
[#5]
You want it to be kinda hard to flip.
Think about it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 10:32:39 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You could probably try to flatten the spring some with a c-clamp or a pair of pliers, but don't overdo it. If you flatten it too much it's a 50 cent part to replace.

Why not bend it back into shape.  It ain't a mag spring!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top