Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2002 12:02:14 PM EDT
I am looking to buy either of these two guns.  I am selling my full size loaded because I can't afford to have both.  Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Charlie

Link Posted: 3/20/2002 7:50:31 PM EDT
[#1]
If the Kimber you are interested in is a Pro Carry HD II, then get the SA. I have an Ultra Carry II and the new series II firing pin block has caused me some problems. I did a lot of work to get mine to work reliably but I shouldn't have had to. For more info about the series II safety, read the Kimber forum at www.1911forum.com.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 9:11:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I had a Champion and I ended up getting rid of it.  There were too many sharp edges on it, it shot too low, and it didn't like to feed SWC's.  I would take a Kimber anything over a SA, though the SA "loaded" guns are not bad.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 10:10:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 12:17:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought a stainless Champion V10 loaded. It was a gorgeous little pistol with an incredible trigger. I traded it without ever firing it after seeing a flurry of posts at www.1911forum.com about the slides on this particular model cracking because of improper heat treatments.
Have a Kimber Pro Carry and other than it shooting about 4 inches low at 25 yards I have no complaints. I'm thinking about sending it to www.wilsoncombat.com for some custom work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top