Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2002 3:03:37 AM EDT
What is the best hard case for use on airlines? Where can I find them?

R35
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 3:12:48 AM EDT
[#1]
SKB cases are the best buy for your money for an airline case , trust me. You can get them from just about any online source, dicks, Cabelas, redat, etc.

http://www.impactguns.com/store/skb.html

http://www.innofab.com/skbgun.htm

You can go high class w/the aluminium cases, but unless you are flying with  5,000.00 custom guns they are not worth it.

-roger  
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 4:30:35 AM EDT
[#2]
PELICAN, without a doubt.  Used by the military and most law enforcement agencies.
Goto www.casesforless.com
They have the best prices and customer service on the net.
You'll want a model 1700 or 1750, depending on the length of your weapon.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 4:39:25 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
PELICAN, without a doubt.  Used by the military and most law enforcement agencies.
Goto www.casesforless.com
They have the best prices and customer service on the net.
You'll want a model 1700 or 1750, depending on the length of your weapon.

YES, PELICAN, I would not get on an airplane without one.  they will take the abuse the anti-gun baggage handling gorillas can throw at them and they do throw your guns!
You will probably need to get a 2” thick open cell foam pad from a cloth store to make a cut out for the gun.  The case comes with top bottom and side foam but I like a spacer to make absolutely sure the gun does not shift and it looks cool when you show up with a fun in a case with a custom foam cut out  
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 4:51:16 AM EDT
[#4]
You may also want to check out ebay for Vanguard cases, a friend bought one , seems a guy there has a non ending supply. He used his to take his weatherby to Tanzania and back, gun and case survived just fine and i think he paid less than 100.00 Pelican are also good , pay attention to the hinges , you want full lenghth piano type and no plastic latches.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 5:45:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I'll vote for the Pelican. They are built like a vault. I've been more impressed with the Pelican cases than some of the contents in them!
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 9:28:18 AM EDT
[#6]
You can't beat a Starlight case. After having pelican and starlight, I will stick to the starlight they pay a little more attention to the little details.

www.starlightcases.com/

I should be getting a digital camera monday/tues I can send pics of any detail you want.

Clinth
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top