Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2002 4:47:16 PM EDT
Couldn't pass it up.  A Russian SKS for 100 bucks.  My friend had two, and one was nib so I coaxed him into selling it to me for what he paid for it. He agreed. He about shit his pants when he saw a cheaper Chinese SKS selling for $500 at the gun store where we did the transfer.
I felt bad, but he owes me.  This is going to be my beater rifle.  I get so tired of babying my ar's and M1a.  I'm gonna shoot the hell out of it and not worry about how many dings it has or how many rounds have been through it.  Shoot I'm playing with the thought of not cleaning the thing,  it will be my experiment on just how much an SKS can take before it can't take no more.
So, any words of advice on owning one of these pigs. What should I feed it and who's go the best prices on tubs of it.  And on a more serious note, any of you have slam fire issues?
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 5:09:49 PM EDT
[#1]
You lucked out, you will especially like the dirt cheap ammo. Where in California do you live? and where can I find a sks in CA?
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 5:10:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Smokin' deal for you.  But who the hell has the balls to ask half a G for a Chinese SKS, or *any* SKS for that matter?

Never had a slamfire.  I have an actual Chinese military SKS and one of the commercial ones flooding the country back in the good ol' days of five or six years ago.  No problems, and I am not expecting any to develop.  Except I had to screw the front sight way over to the side on the commercial SKS.  Bent barrel?  I dunno, it groups OK.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 8:06:49 PM EDT
[#3]
At the gun show in Las Vegsa last weekend there were a bunch of California dealers here and they must have been smoking something,  One guy wanted $25.00 for a bandoleer kit. hock.gif One was wanting 19.95 for a 1911 magazine, the same one sells at cdnn for 9.95, this same guy was selling triple K ar mags for 12 each.  He didn't like my remark.  There were some good deals there too but like most gunshows you have to watch it, blasting ammo was scarce at the last show
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 8:10:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
At the gun show in Las Vegsa last weekend there were a bunch of California dealers here and they must have been smoking something,  One guy wanted $25.00 for a bandoleer kit. One was wanting 19.95 for a 1911 magazine, the same one sells at cdnn for 9.95, this same guy was selling triple K ar mags for 12 each.  He didn't like my remark.  There were some good deals there too but like most gunshows you have to watch it, blasting ammo was scarce at the last show

I didn't like that gunshow too much, Clade Hall sucks too, now I drive to the Crossroads show in Phoenix, it's worth the 5 hour drive
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 9:21:54 PM EDT
[#5]
. . . and Wolfpack hits one outta the park!
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 9:37:31 PM EDT
[#6]
1911greg
I live in Burbank,  if you realy want to buy an sks look up Stevenson Gun Country in Burbank, but remember 500 big ones plus Caliban tax puts you at around $540, thats nuts for an sks in my book.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 9:55:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I feed my Romanian a steady diet of Wolf hollowpoints without a single complaint.  And since your Russian counts as C&R, you can put a bayonet on it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 10:56:05 PM EDT
[#8]
t-man, I'm gonna make a guess and say you did your transfer at Red Star Arms in Culver City ?

I've only been there once, a couple years ago - they were selling a Romanian in a Chinese jungle stock for $500. They also had Makarovs for the charitable sum of $400.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 9:11:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Qbit
It came with one, a big ass shiny evil looking mofo.  Not that I'll ever use it but i makes me feel real naughty.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 9:24:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Traders sports in San Leandro always has Romainian's for $189.99-$199.99 thats where I bought mine.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 9:01:32 PM EDT
[#11]
russian sks with original ten round built in mags go for 229.00 with byonet..  you got a great 1990's price when they came in new for 129.00..   you won't live long enough to shoot it out ,and like it's brother ak will gobble up anything you can throw at it!  it's only slightly harder to break apart than the ak and the thirty round mags are only just a little harder to incert than the ak-you have to pull the bolt back to insert a new mag if you are starting from scratch(other wise the bolt open on last shot does that for you.. have one scoped out for me but it is at the 229.00 price and after buying that savage pump 410 am going to betty fords house for the overly-armed treatment center!   you got a duece of a good deal  !  bob cole
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top