Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2002 10:25:13 AM EDT
Need some help hear I have a Colt Match Target Competition H-Bar with 20 inch heavy barrel.I would like to change the handguard and go with an aluminum one that free floats and has the studs for the sling and a bipod ,I don~t know yet if I want to keep the front sight or replace it and I also want to have the trigger worked on or replaced. I want to lighten the pull and get rid of some of the creap.Any help opions thing to stay away from recomendations would be great. Thanks Andy.........
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 10:34:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd buy another upper in the configuration you wanted, then I'd have one that was legal for highpower competitions (and in the exact shape you bought it in, thinkin of re-sale later) and one for plinking/long range or whatever your intended purpose.

Mike
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 10:47:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Both projects are fairly simple operations if done by a qualified gunsmith.  You can find the free float handguards everywhere and your gunsmith can change out the barrel nut and install the FF handguard.  A competition/target trigger is offered by several manufacturers and some are drop in and others ned a gunsmith to install. My local gunsmith charges $30 to install the FF tubes.  If you are on a budget you could buy the trigger and handguard and have them installed for much less than a new upper would cost.  
Top Top