Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2002 8:21:06 PM EDT
Does any one out there have experiences, good or bad, with Nikon scopes?  I was thinking of picking up one of their 3.5-10x50.  Its cheeper than the Leupold and looks very clear.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 9:29:16 PM EDT
[#1]
NIKON scopes are very good.
When I got my first Leupold, I was extremely impressed with the scope and the packaging.
I avoided Leupold for a long time, but got some good deals on a few.  I think they are one of the best investments I've made in this hobby.
The NIKON equipment I have is excellent stuff, too.  It doesn't have the same 'feel' as the Leupolds, though.  
The NIKON stuff feels a little more specialized and delicate.
The Leupolds feel 'American', if that means anything.
Just an observation.
I like my NIKON scopes and binoculars and spotting scope just fine.
Get the Monarch or ATB types if you go NIKON.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 10:01:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Nikon makes a very good scope.That said I too prefer Leupold.But I wouldn't turn down a good deal on a Nikon! YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 10:17:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I own several nikon scopes and love them I think they are the best scopes for the money. I am planing on buying another one soon. Leupold scopes are also excellent I dont own any but have shot over several. I guess it comes down to your personal preferance and which optic has the features you want.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 5:20:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I have many different brands of scopes. In a comparison of scope brightness, image clarity and color, they rank as follows.
Nightforce
Nikon
Leupold
Burris
Swarovski (yellow image)
Simmons
Russian
Bushnell
Tasco
Red Chinese
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 5:30:53 AM EDT
[#5]
My opinion is similar to DnPRK. With the exception of Nightforce, which I've never owned. I would also put Baush and Lomb near the top. However I think they are now marketed as Bushnell Elites. Nikon is one of my favorites and thier binoculars are outstanding in the ATB Monarch line.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top