Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2022 2:58:40 AM EDT
Anyone ever Cerakote a Scalarworks Leap01 Mount?

I want to do a couple 1.93 mounts but not sure how to go about it due to the way the mount not being able to be disassembled.

Any tips?

Link Posted: 8/11/2022 7:56:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I have not but if you degrease and soak in the oven to gas out it will be fine. When done just oil the spring and detent.

I would be wiling to bet the detent comes out, probably an Allen or roll pin. It will probably come all the way apart so it is serviceable. I would give them a call.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 8:12:07 PM EDT
[#2]
It still needs to be blasted for coating adhesion.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 2:30:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It still needs to be blasted for coating adhesion.
View Quote

That's one of issues.

1) Blasting the part without being able to disassemble it to get all the areas.
2) Cerakoting the knob all the way around its perimeter without touching it during the process.

They've obviously welded over a pin somewhere keeping the knob/cross bolt from backing all the way off. But then, how did they get the mount covered
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 8:01:21 AM EDT
[#4]
It seems the detent and spring are held in place with a small set screw, you should be able to disassemble it.  I'd plug those holes though before cerakoting it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top