Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2020 11:36:59 PM EDT
Hi guys,
I'm looking for a grey color that looks like a dark, matte, blasted, raw metal.... or as close to it as I can get.
I'd also like it to work with a low contrast camo pattern.

I have a gen 2 sub 2k that I bought in stainless/black to use as a backpack gun under the hopes that it wouldn't rust. Well, it did after a misty shoot and a few hours in my pack.
I'm about to tear it down and put all the MCarbo guts in it. While it's apart I want to spray the stainless parts (barrel, and receiver tube) with something that comes off as a matte (blasted) raw metal.

Ultimate goal would be to end up with a low contrast camo on the plastics that works with the darker, silverish/grey color. (along with greyish greens and tans)
As someone that has been in the woods as much as possible the majority of my life one thing I always see is that white tail deer tan or something close to it. It's on damn near everything in some way. Even today I was looking at a deer in the field and was thinking about how well that 'tan' just fits. That is the base I want for my camo with the grey I pick and whatever other colors.

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 11:49:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I sprayed an SKS and a WASR in Wolf gray Duracoat.  Google images of that color.  The flattening additive actually does work, and I use it on almost all of my projects now.  Im willing to bet that would be a color you might be interested in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top