Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2008 10:17:10 AM EDT
 I bought some Coyote Brown plastic handguards that don't quite match my Magpul FDE furniture. I'm planning on Duracoating them to make this subtle change. I am using the Magpul FDE color, slightly modified to *really* match.

Anyway, I want to Al oxide blast the plastic as part of the prep. 220 grit is the only possibility. Has anyone ever done this? Any suggestions?

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 2:41:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I do it all the time with 80 grit alox.  No problem.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:26:06 PM EDT
[#2]
220 grit is a little light, but if you spend some time on it, it will work fine. I spent half the day blasting with 220. Just takes longer...  
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:06:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Does anyone have a chart that matches Duracoat, Rustoleum, and/or Krylon colors to the popular tactical colors?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:45:26 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
220 grit is a little light, but if you spend some time on it, it will work fine. I spent half the day blasting with 220. Just takes longer...  

Better to take a little longer with finer grit than to quickly go too far with coarse grit.

220 is a favorite of mine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top