Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2021 8:17:11 PM EDT
So I grabbed a 14 from night vision guys about 6 months ago. The tube looked great and had no complaints. About 3 months ago I started seeing issues with the image and tried contacting them about the warranty a few times with no luck. I finally found someone to take a look at it, and as soon as he saw it it noticed the purge screw was missing. Which the sorry asses at NVG didn't even bother to install it. After he opened it it noticed it had condensation in the tube from where it was pretty much open to the elements. Along with that he said the rear ocular wasn't indexed at all.

Key take away is to never buy anything from NVG. Shitty customer service and apparently can't even put together a 14 correctly.

If I had to guess they're probably a company that tells you to deal with the manufacturer for other stuff if something happens. They can't even be bothered with their own house brand stuff/warranty.

Fucking hacks

Should I have noticed it was missing the second I got it? Maybe, but being my first 14 and it being auto gain I didnt know where the screw was and just assumed it was built correctly. And apparently trying to contact them didn't matter anyway.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 11:02:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 2:22:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sorry to hear about your issues.

If you ever are trying to reach us and cannot get a response, please try calling as well as e-mailing.

We try to get to all e-mails, however sometimes they can get overwhelming and once in a long while may get missed.

We also have a fairly aggressive spam filter and many people do not realize that their computers may be compromised and/or use overly generic subject lines and text that might get miscategorized by the filter.

~Augee
View Quote

Thanks

I guess I could left that part out.

Just throwing another warning out there about a night vision company that cant install a screw and has shitty customer service.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top