Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2019 2:38:38 PM EDT
I’m one of “those guys” whose gun can never be too light — although not at the expense of dependability or accuracy. So, over the last 2-3 years i pieced together and perfected my 6-pound (including T2) “day” gun which is what I take to carbine courses. So far, over 4,000 rounds without a single failure.

My “night” gun is a bear — affectionately named “Tina, you fat lard!” A factory LMT MRP with SpecterDR, PAS-13G LWTS, MAWL C1+, and SF M720V.

Now, with the devilishly light SkeetIR-x, I can have it all. 7.5-pounds of lethal nighttime boogaloo:

More fun to come.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 3:01:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow I need to get on to the light night gun program
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 3:06:17 PM EDT
[#2]
No cans? Eww.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 3:10:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No cans? Eww.
View Quote
Yeah, noisy guns suck.

I've dragged my feet long enough. I was going to go FFL, but that'll probably be a while before my feet touch the ground long enough, so I need to get some cans the ol' fashioned way.

What's the best / quickest way get your first cans?
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 3:21:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Efile a form 1 and build your own.  Running about 3-4 weeks wait right now.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 4:24:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Build a really lightweight pistol?
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 4:31:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yeah, noisy guns suck.

I've dragged my feet long enough. I was going to go FFL, but that'll probably be a while before my feet touch the ground long enough, so I need to get some cans the ol' fashioned way.

View Quote
WTF!? Tens of thousands of dollars in night vision & thermal and no cans? Bro....
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 5:28:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 5:35:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Make one phone call to @Joshua_CapitolArmory.  Those dudes will treat you like family.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 5:51:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Wonder who's got the heaviest night gun? I bet I'm in the running. I need to weigh this sumbitch and report back.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 7:11:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Wonder who's got the heaviest night gun? I bet I'm in the running. I need to weigh this sumbitch and report back.
View Quote
This one's pretty hefty... hence the tripod.

Link Posted: 8/9/2019 7:26:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

WTF!? Tens of thousands of dollars in night vision & thermal and no cans? Bro....
View Quote
Guilty. A situation I intend to remedy post haste.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 7:27:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
that glock needs more speed holes
View Quote
When I draw that pistol, everyone screams “OPERATOR!”
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 7:35:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Guilty. A situation I intend to remedy post haste.
View Quote
It's a fun process. Lots of time waiting to think how you should've bought something else, lol. I regret not buying a handful at the same time. Make it all one big wait.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 7:41:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It's a fun process. Lots of time waiting to think how you should've bought something else, lol. I regret not buying a handful at the same time. Make it all one big wait.
View Quote
I think I’m gonna do just that. It looks like the Varminters are the lightest and quietest cans out there — only 13-14 ounces. I might get a couple of .30 cals and maybe an Omega or two. I don’t have anything full auto and I rarely do mag dumps, so I don’t need crazy ruggedness, which seems to always come at the expense of both poorer dB reduction and weight.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 8:37:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
that glock needs more speed holes
View Quote
HA!  it looks like a damn gyrojet pistol.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 9:33:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

When I draw that pistol, everyone screams “OPERATOR!”
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/9/2019 10:19:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 10:48:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If you are going for lightweight you can shave a couple ounces off that setup with a DLOC-SR. 12.0 oz including the mount.
https://cdn.ultimatenightvision.com/sliders/product_descriptions/19022-0000-02/dloc-sr-9ed.jpg
View Quote
A really appreciative vendor would send one my way.

Just because.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 11:15:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 11:33:50 PM EDT
[#20]
This is my lightweight night rifle. I need to put a heavier stock on to balance the PEQ, and I wish the PEQ was black.. but its the price you pay for high power

Bootleg upper w/ BCM ELW 14.5 titanium: barrel nut and hardware, V7 flashhider and gas block
PWS stripped lower w/ Geissele lpk, titanium: take down pins, trigger pins, grip screw, buffer retention

I haven't put her on a scale but its insanely light.

Link Posted: 8/9/2019 11:58:16 PM EDT
[#21]
That poor ‘yote got hung up jumping over that fence.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 2:07:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Challenge accepted

Link Posted: 8/10/2019 2:17:24 AM EDT
[#23]
That's either a really smoke coyote or you have the biggest rabbits I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 4:47:37 AM EDT
[#24]
It's a fox

The coon was huge though. Like 20+ pounds
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top