Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 121
Posted: 7/25/2018 2:43:28 PM EDT
http://www.recoilweb.com/sionyx-night-vision-camera-at-outdoor-retailer-139870.html#ixzz5MCQW21iE

Has anybody checked these out? I've been waiting to see the digital color night vision in a form factor small enough to be head-mounted. Are we finally there?
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 6:15:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KingRollo] [#1]
Do these work with IR lasers and weapon lights?
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 6:41:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KingRollo:
View Quote
Yes
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 7:06:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By mickdonaldson:

All I can tell you is that they are Pre-Order at $799 ea. and I bought two. They say they will ship end of April.
View Quote
Did they charge your card right away? I'm in the middle of buying a house

If they didn't, I'll preorder two right now.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 7:16:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By KingRollo:
View Quote
yes they do! very nicely I might add.

But we need more stuff released in the 1050-1100nm spectrum range.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 7:25:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Dace:

Maybe if you are talking night fighters who enter dark rooms in scary parts of the world.  TNVC also has a lot invested in analog doing well.

But for the everyday person who needs it for outdoor use, hunting, self defense and SHTF digital capability is going to take off.  It was and is only a matter of time.  The question is once a major government gets involved it will take off even faster.
View Quote
Just throwing it out there that if you’re using one of these it’s very likely you’re using external IR illumination.. and any gen III+ device is going to see that like a beacon in the night come SHTF.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 8:02:55 PM EDT
[#6]
No way to compensate with the mount at all? A smidge out/up/tilted? I hear ya - sometimes physical features don't cooperate!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By chaas67:

The large protrusion on the right, left when to mount it upside down digs into my nose.
No way to compensate with the mount at all? A smidge out/up/tilted? I hear ya - sometimes physical features don't cooperate!
I’m able to compensate but it does impact the alignment of my eye in the view finder. With duals it has less of an impact on FOV.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 8:19:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Guys, the blown out disc in my neck is not going to let me use this thing. My whole helmet setup just went up on the ee. I’m sad now.

I don’t know how much lighter 14’s are but I doubt any NV is in my future till I deal with this damn disc. Anything longer than about 20 minutes kills me. Continue the good fight, these things are cool.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 8:23:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By fishinnut1986:
Guys, the blown out disc in my neck is not going to let me use this thing. My whole helmet setup just went up on the ee. I’m sad now.

I don’t know how much lighter 14’s are but I doubt any NV is in my future till I deal with this damn disc. Anything longer than about 20 minutes kills me. Continue the good fight, these things are cool.
View Quote
Good setup for someone!
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 8:32:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Gr8Santini:
Good setup for someone!
View All Quotes

Good setup for someone!
It should be, the HHV pads made the biggest difference in comfort. I would recommend them to anyone still using the styrofoam pads that come with these cheap helmets.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 8:42:15 PM EDT
[#10]

It should be, the HHV pads made the biggest difference in comfort. I would recommend them to anyone still using the styrofoam pads that come with these cheap helmets.
View Quote
I wasn’t aware of the pads until I saw your ad in the EE.  I’m ordering some now.  Thanks
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 8:48:43 PM EDT
[#11]

I wasn’t aware of the pads until I saw your ad in the EE.  I’m ordering some now.  Thanks
View Quote
No problem, you’ll love them!
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 9:41:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gaspain] [#12]
Voluntary Survey: IM ME, do not reply in this thread. I am weary of the competition spying

I'm working on the next version of the bridge mount. I have a CNC machine now!...which I am still learning to use. I won't say which model, but it can do 3 axis contouring at a fine resolution.

1-What material do you want to see in the next version? solid carbon fiber or 7075 aircraft aluminum or something else? *Carbon is much more painful to work with and costly. 7075 is very sturdy and is what most other bridges are made of.

2-other features? what's important to you? Also, I cannot infringe on any patent like the off shore guys do. So your wish may not come true as far as features.

confirmed features:
-easier pupillary adjustment
-included dovetail
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 9:49:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tomac] [#13]
Originally Posted By gaspain:
Voluntary Survey:

I'm working on the next version of the bridge mount. I have a CNC machine now!...which I am still learning to use. I won't say which model, but it can do 3 axis contouring at a fine resolution.

1-What material do you want to see in the next version? solid carbon fiber for or 7075 aircraft aluminum or something else? *Carbon is much more painful to work with and costly. 7075 is very sturdy and is what most other bridges are made of.

2-other features? what's important to you? Also, I cannot infringe on any patent. So your wish may not come true as far as features.
View Quote
NVM

Tomac
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 10:00:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Voluntary Survey: IM ME, do not reply to this thread. I am weary of the competition spying

1-What material do you want to see in the next version? solid carbon fiber for or 7075 aircraft aluminum or something else? *Carbon is much more painful to work with and costly. 7075 is very sturdy and is what most other bridges are made of.

2-other features? what's important to you? Also, I cannot infringe on any patent. So your wish may not come true as far as features.
View Quote
I don't think you need to use 7075. The forces involved are so minimal I'm guessing 6061 would be more than enough and it's easier to work with and much cheaper I think.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 11:12:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By night9:

Just throwing it out there that if you’re using one of these it’s very likely you’re using external IR illumination.. and any gen III+ device is going to see that like a beacon in the night come SHTF.
View Quote
That’s why we are all excited about this new version which might not need it as much.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 11:13:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Voluntary Survey: IM ME, do not reply in this thread. I am weary of the competition spying

1-What material do you want to see in the next version? solid carbon fiber or 7075 aircraft aluminum or something else? *Carbon is much more painful to work with and costly. 7075 is very sturdy and is what most other bridges are made of.

2-other features? what's important to you? Also, I cannot infringe on any patent like the off shore guys do. So your wish may not come true as far as features.

confirmed features:
-included dovetail
View Quote
Lightweight. Reasonably priced.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 12:49:30 AM EDT
[#17]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dace:

Maybe if you are talking night fighters who enter dark rooms in scary parts of the world.  TNVC also has a lot invested in analog doing well.

But for the everyday person who needs it for outdoor use, hunting, self defense and SHTF digital capability is going to take off.  It was and is only a matter of time.  The question is once a major government gets involved it will take off even faster.
How many gang bangers and guys in your neighborhood have Level III stuff?  Those are the people I will be avoiding in a SHTF scenario.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 11:52:06 AM EDT
[#18]

View Quote
1. SHTF means you can "acquire" what anybody else has.
2. Owners know the limitations of the current Gen, probably won't be turning on lights, and will shape their environment to compensate.
3. If 1100nm illuminators ever become consumer affordable (bonus points for LASER based) - game over, analog can't see that high.
4. Make sure you wear your rubber eye cups all the time - those green eyes are detectable pretty far away through the Aurora.
5. Make sure you don't run any SWIR beacons - Aurora can see stuff you can't.
6. No illuminators or LASERs for anyone! Booooooooo!!!!!!
7. No one knows what Aurora Pro can do yet - I hope I am very pleasantly surprised in May.
8. SHTF is *highly* unlikely.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 12:35:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mickdonaldson] [#19]

confirmed features:
-included dovetail
View Quote
Here's what I'd like (and I don't know what you have now, so forgive me, as I have the MACHOS):

1. 6061 is easier to mill and you don't need the extra strength for this product - the camera will break first. Forget Carbon Fiber.
2. 3D printed Polymer is still probably good enough - other than the marketing. What's the price increase for Aluminum?
3. Adjustable Collimation (you may already have this).
4. Articulation like the MACHOS, *BUT* the hinges have to be like a set of Binoculars to adjust - the MACHOS is waaaay to stiff for me.

And you know what would be REALLY COOL! - build a split USB tunnel into the bridge, with female USB-C ports, so we can run one cable from the battery to plug into the bridge, and then have 2 short (6" or custom made by you) cables going from the cameras to the bridge. You'll get one cable from the battery pack, instead of two, and when you want to remove the Auroras from the helmet so you don't look like a "Day Noodle" during the day. You just unplug one cable from your bridge, and pull the Auroras. Currently, it is a ROYAL PITA to remove Auroras from your helmet, as getting to the camera USB ports (especially the left camera) sucks.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 12:44:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Fat_McNasty:

yes they do! very nicely I might add.

But we need more stuff released in the 1050-1100nm spectrum range.
View Quote
Is this coming soon or already available?

Looking for another NV setup and this seems crazy cheap compared to analog.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 1:40:31 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm still hoping for a zero-able reticle function so I can weapon mount it solo. It will also be cool when these eventually come out [someday] in a thermal/nv fusion format.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 2:20:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Daggertt:
I'm still hoping for a zero-able reticle function so I can weapon mount it solo. It will also be cool when these eventually come out [someday] in a thermal/nv fusion format.
View Quote
Thermal NV combo sounds awesome. I'd buy that.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 2:23:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Daggertt:
View Quote
From speaking to them on the phone a few months ago, and this could just be them blowing me off, they were concerned a reticle could subject them to ITAR restrictions.  They did indicate they were looking in to options and listening to the market for what that's worth.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 4:09:27 PM EDT
[#24]
@gaspain

I'm at the shot show now and at their booth near radio row, they have your mount displayed on the table along with the macho mount.

I gave their guy Justin the link to this thread so hopefully they reach out on here after shot show is over.  They actively interact on their Instagram and facebook accounts according to them.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 4:11:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By 11B2V_Mike:
@gaspain

I'm at the shot show now and at their booth near radio row, they have your mount displayed on the table along with the macho mount.

I gave their guy Justin the link to this thread so hopefully they reach out on here after shot show is over.  They actively interact on their Instagram and facebook accounts according to them.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/335979/20200123_113833_jpg-1246293.JPG
View Quote
oh cool, yea I sent them a few to show off. Good eye!
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 4:17:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mickdonaldson] [#26]
@gaspain

View Quote
You should have grabbed it and ran into a closet

They need to be in this thread, or at least read it daily. They're on the FB Airsoft thread, but this one is way more technical, there are former/current .mil guys that use/have used Gen3 Analog, there are concurrent owners of both technologies, and we shoot real guns, with real LAMs.

They did a nice job on the accent color, I know it's probably a metallic, but it looks 'earth tone'ish'  - I won't be Cerakoting mine.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 4:34:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Id probably snatch that thing off the table and haul ass for the nearest dark room I could lock myself in while laughing like a crazy person.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 4:53:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By MainePure:
Id probably snatch that thing off the table and haul ass for the nearest dark room I could lock myself in while laughing like a crazy person.
View Quote
I'd be asking to demo the thing in the desert...
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 7:18:13 PM EDT
[#29]
I talked with a Gunskins camo wrap company about making a wrap for the Sionyx cameras.  They are supposed to be looking into laser cutting patterns into their adhesive wraps to specifically fit the Sionyx.  Yall may want to bookmark their website to check back occasionally to see if they get it up on the website.

So the guys wanting to paint theirs may want to hold off for a bit and wait for a wrap.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 8:55:41 PM EDT
[#30]
I talked with a Gunskins camo wrap company about making a wrap for the Sionyx cameras.  They are supposed to be looking into laser cutting patterns into their adhesive wraps to specifically fit the Sionyx.  Yall may want to bookmark their website to check back occasionally to see if they get it up on the website.

So the guys wanting to paint theirs may want to hold off for a bit and wait for a wrap.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/335979/20200123_151610_jpg-1246506.JPG
View Quote
Cool!
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 1:50:54 AM EDT
[#31]

confirmed features:
-included dovetail
View Quote
machining carbon fiber needs a liquid to keep the dust down, dust that will kill ya. 7075 will be good. so would 6061.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 2:26:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Pheenixm] [#32]

2. Owners know the limitations of the current Gen, probably won't be turning on lights, and will shape their environment to compensate.
3. If 1100nm illuminators ever become consumer affordable (bonus points for LASER based) - game over, analog can't see that high.
4. Make sure you wear your rubber eye cups all the time - those green eyes are detectable pretty far away through the Aurora.
7. No one knows what Aurora Pro can do yet - I hope I am very pleasantly surprised in May.
View Quote
Forgot the part where you gotta stop the shit from hitting the fan every few hours so you can plug into a wall outlet
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 2:35:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Pheenixm:
Forgot the part where you gotta stop the shit from hitting the fan every few hours so you can plug into a wall outlet
View All Quotes

They have pros at SHOT.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 4:58:10 AM EDT
[#34]

View Quote
Oh look, the college kid is here. It's funny, in Iraq, I always had a power source nearby, was your combat experience different?
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 1:09:50 PM EDT
[#35]

Oh look, the college kid is here. It's funny, in Iraq, I always had a power source nearby, was your combat experience different?
View Quote
College kid? What are you even talking about?
I'm just saying that there's no way I2 is going to be surpassed anytime soon by something that won't last all of a day during a grid-failure scenario. Much less the supply-chain that a near constant supply of IR illumination is going to demand.

Hell, for the sake of argument, let's even pretend that you could somehow maintain power supplies with the grid down; let's even say that you could get illumination that I can't see with I2. What exactly is stopping me from setting up some of my own cameras to see your illum, then picking you off at several hundred yards like the walking Christmas tree you are?
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 1:36:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: coctailer] [#36]
NOT TECH
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 1:38:51 PM EDT
[#37]

I'm just saying that there's no way I2 is going to be surpassed anytime soon by something that won't last all of a day during a grid-failure scenario. Much less the supply-chain that a near constant supply of IR illumination is going to demand.

Hell, for the sake of argument, let's even pretend that you could somehow maintain power supplies with the grid down; let's even say that you could get illumination that I can't see with I2. What exactly is stopping me from setting up some of my own cameras to see your illum, then picking you off at several hundred yards like the walking Christmas tree you are?
View Quote
While I won't disagree the Gen1 Aurora is NOT comparable to Gen3+ Analog in 1/2 Moon or less, the Aurora in no way requires fulltime illumination...  You are drastically mistaken on that point.

Additionally, the Gen2 Aurora (Pro) is an unknown at the moment.  Sionyx claims ~2x the low-light performance which will be incredible if it is (I'm guessing sub 1/4 moon).

To dismiss this tech as a potentially viable replacement for analog NVG would be foolish.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 2:04:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By blwngazkit:
While I won't disagree the Gen1 Aurora is NOT comparable to Gen3+ Analog in 1/2 Moon or less, the Aurora in no way requires fulltime illumination...  You are drastically mistaken on that point.

Additionally, the Gen2 Aurora (Pro) is an unknown at the moment.  Sionyx claims ~2x the low-light performance which will be incredible if it is (I'm guessing sub 1/4 moon).

To dismiss this tech as a potentially viable replacement for analog NVG would be foolish.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By blwngazkit:

Light detection is quite non-linear (fourth power IIRC), so 2X will likely only be barely detectable.to the human eye --assumining that figure isn't similarly normalized, of.course.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 2:22:42 PM EDT
[#39]

Aren't you the doctoral student of something or other? Mr. "You fundamentally don't understand" from the other thread?

First of all, for the one millionth time - no Aurora user has ever said that given the exact same conditions, that it is always equal or better. It *can* be, but that depends on the scenario, which has already been discussed in the "Poor Man's" thread, go re-read it.

As for your power consumption, again, already been discussed, go re-read. Yes, compared to analog, they are power hungry. A 15,000mAh External, can power duals, with one recording constantly, for 14 hours. A Mono would be about 28 hours or more with no recording. In Winter you need about 12, and Summer about 7...and that's if you don't sleep, and pull 100% security. Nobody's doing 14 Day LRRP Patrols in the Jungle anymore - every night, my ass was back at K2 Airfield (FOB Summerall) in Baiji. And the Aurora would have worked great there for vehicular movements, because just like the rest of the modernized world, all the Iraqis drove with their headlights on, and digital can look at the sun without damage. There are also externals with built in Solar Charging, or panels, worst case.

As far as the "Christmas Tree" goes, you assume the Aurora always needs IR - it doesn't. Or you assume that if in a peer environment, a user would turn on IR - I wouldn't - I managed to get through 58 Days of Ranger School patrols at night, with zero night vision at all. You kids these days are spoiled. Make sure you always wear your rubber eye-cups, don't want to be walking around like a Christmas Tree for any Auroras out there.

And now Gen 2 will be here in May - we'll see how she does.
View Quote
I find some of these SHTF scenarios pulling nightly patrols to be be so low in probability they're not even worth really discussing other than day dreaming. The most likely use would be if you're in hurricane land and something like Katrina or tornado alley or big earthquake came through. You'd have some that would stay to protect their land. The people who decide to stay put in the disaster area I'd say the odds the ones looking to loot/steal are gonna be without any type of NVG digital or analog so IR isn't gonna be a real concern.

Anyway..
I look forward to your review when you get your Pros
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 5:37:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cttb] [#40]
Originally Posted By Dapzel:
I find some of these SHTF scenarios pulling nightly patrols to be be so low in probability they're not even worth really discussing other than day dreaming. The most likely use would be if you're in hurricane land and something like Katrina or tornado alley or big earthquake came through. You'd have some that would stay to protect their land. The people who decide to stay put in the disaster area I'd say the odds the ones looking to loot/steal are gonna be without any type of NVG digital or analog so IR isn't gonna be a real concern.

Anyway..
View All Quotes

Aren't you the doctoral student of something or other? Mr. "You fundamentally don't understand" from the other thread?

First of all, for the one millionth time - no Aurora user has ever said that given the exact same conditions, that it is always equal or better. It *can* be, but that depends on the scenario, which has already been discussed in the "Poor Man's" thread, go re-read it.

As for your power consumption, again, already been discussed, go re-read. Yes, compared to analog, they are power hungry. A 15,000mAh External, can power duals, with one recording constantly, for 14 hours. A Mono would be about 28 hours or more with no recording. In Winter you need about 12, and Summer about 7...and that's if you don't sleep, and pull 100% security. Nobody's doing 14 Day LRRP Patrols in the Jungle anymore - every night, my ass was back at K2 Airfield (FOB Summerall) in Baiji. And the Aurora would have worked great there for vehicular movements, because just like the rest of the modernized world, all the Iraqis drove with their headlights on, and digital can look at the sun without damage. There are also externals with built in Solar Charging, or panels, worst case.

As far as the "Christmas Tree" goes, you assume the Aurora always needs IR - it doesn't. Or you assume that if in a peer environment, a user would turn on IR - I wouldn't - I managed to get through 58 Days of Ranger School patrols at night, with zero night vision at all. You kids these days are spoiled. Make sure you always wear your rubber eye-cups, don't want to be walking around like a Christmas Tree for any Auroras out there.

Anyway..
The Aurora is a night vision game changer for two reasons: 1) It's a way to have fun at a fraction of the cost of good analog; and 2) You can put together a useful nighttime hunting set up all-in for under $1,000. Pigs can't see supplemental IR, and they don't care about green visible lasers. I don't care about SHTF.

I suspect given a couple of years, the total package of tech for digital night vision will surpass the capabilities of analog. It's been that way with everything else.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 6:56:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By cttb:
The Aurora is a night vision game changer for two reasons: 1) It's a way to have fun at a fraction of the cost of good analog; and 2) You can put together a useful nighttime hunting set up all-in for under $1,000. Pigs can't see supplemental IR, and they don't care about green visible lasers. I don't care about SHTF.

I suspect given a couple of years, the total package of tech for digital night vision will surpass the capabilities of analog. It's been that way with everything else.
View All Quotes

Anyway..

But...but...but.... I spent $3k on mine so your $1000 sucks.

NV noob here, but I love my Sionyx duals. Can't wait to get my mount and helmet in. I could care less about the force multiplier of different tech. But in my AO, having any NV is better than none if needed. As far as that is concerned, the person sitting out there with good thermals will be the winner, IMO.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 9:44:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dapzel] [#42]

View All Quotes

Anyway..

Oh I agree. I was agreeing with mickdonaldson talking about the other poster commenting on IR flooding and if you didn't have Gen3 it's your funeral pal. Was just saying these SHTF scenarios about having to worry about stalking some other person and worrying about someone using a PVS14 aren't even worth the time planning for.
Aurora probably would serve the needs of the majority of users here and for less money
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 11:52:36 PM EDT
[#43]

Oh I agree. I was agreeing with mickdonaldson talking about the other poster commenting on IR flooding and if you didn't have Gen3 it's your funeral pal. Was just saying these SHTF scenarios about having to worry about stalking some other person and worrying about someone using a PVS14 aren't even worth the time planning for.
Aurora probably would serve the needs of the majority of users here and for less money
View Quote
Just to play devil's advocate...

Even someone using gen1 NV would likely be able to notice the IR, and gen1 stuff is cheap enough that tons of people buy it just to play.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 11:06:24 AM EDT
[#44]

Was just saying these SHTF scenarios about having to worry about stalking some other person and worrying about someone using a PVS14 aren't even worth the time planning for.
View Quote
100%. Has never happened in the history of our country - closest we've had was the Depression from '29 to '3x, and even then, it was never "no power, roaming bands of cannibals", etc..." Argentina was bad during the 70's to 90's, but even they didn't have "SHTF Combat" or Venezuela today...its bad, but not "The Road" bad. But that's the argument that has to be used, because other than peer to peer "shot in the face violence", the downsides of digital are getting smaller and smaller. I wish I had an Aurora in Iraq in '03-'04 - the dirtbags stealing IED material out of the Arlington ASP in Baiji, or Tinderbox ASP in Al-Sharqat, or Jaguar ASP in Q-West - weren't using any NODs at all. And we avoided moving at night, but when we had to - an Aurora would have been gold, scanning the sides of the road with all the headlights on MSR Tampa (Hwy 1).

Can't wait for May!!!!
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 11:16:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By TanklessPro:

As far as that is concerned, the person sitting out there with good thermals will be the winner, IMO.
View Quote
Much truth in this ^^^
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 12:01:05 PM EDT
[#46]
I wonder if the Pro has less lag, currently it makes navigation feel like I'm watching a movie of myself walking around with a purple flashlight when directly compared to my Gen3.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 12:17:35 PM EDT
[#47]
100%. Has never happened in the history of our country - closest we've had was the Depression from '29 to '3x, and even then, it was never "no power, roaming bands of cannibals", etc..." Argentina was bad during the 70's to 90's, but even they didn't have "SHTF Combat" or Venezuela today...its bad, but not "The Road" bad. But that's the argument that has to be used, because other than peer to peer "shot in the face violence", the downsides of digital are getting smaller and smaller. I wish I had an Aurora in Iraq in '03-'04 - the dirtbags stealing IED material out of the Arlington ASP in Baiji, or Tinderbox ASP in Al-Sharqat, or Jaguar ASP in Q-West - weren't using any NODs at all. And we avoided moving at night, but when we had to - an Aurora would have been gold, scanning the sides of the road with all the headlights on MSR Tampa (Hwy 1).

Can't wait for May!!!!
View All Quotes

Was just saying these SHTF scenarios about having to worry about stalking some other person and worrying about someone using a PVS14 aren't even worth the time planning for.

Can't wait for May!!!!
Gen3 are awesome. I've looked through my buddies multiple times but I just can't justify the cost and have them sitting there collecting dust.
If a person has the $$ hey have it but the Aurora seems to fit the bill for I bet a majority of people. Other than hunting, stargazin the most use I'd bet would be walking ones property or guarding it after a twister,earthquake, hurricane and the ones that are coming to loot your place odds are aren't gonna have PVS14 or any night vision other than a couple of flash lights
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 12:20:33 PM EDT
[#48]
I wonder if the Pro has less lag, currently it makes navigation feel like I'm watching a movie of myself walking around with a purple flashlight when directly compared to my Gen3.
View Quote
Turn off the image stabilization and use greyscale vs color.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 1:01:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By mpatch:
Turn off the image stabilization and use greyscale vs color.
View Quote
Yeah I've tried all that, some settings are better than others but nothing eliminates it entirely. Very noticeable when scanning side by side w Gen 3 which has zero. I would guesstimate there is around 100ms of lag baked in the cake on these.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 2:01:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gaspain] [#50]
View Quote
on instagram they said its will be the same at 16ms
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 121
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top