Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2018 1:56:41 PM EDT
progress is slowing down with diy binos,but somehow i managed to finish a 2xAA battery holder.
it is machined from steel bar. it weighs 350 grams with batteries inside.

rotary switch from PVS-5

3.5mm DC jack used for connection

at the moment i use self adhesive velcro to attach it to nightcap,but that is temporary solution as it sits too high if attached directly
to velcro pad of nightcap.
but that is well known problem here,i guess.
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 4:27:14 PM EDT
[#1]
looks pretty heavy duty. i love DIY projects. keep it up!
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 4:41:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Holy shit!  Nice work!  You need a good pouch to wrap around that thing.  Do you have anyone local?

Probably something like a Mohawk, with a shaft coming off the top to secure to cap, so you can lower it at least 1/2 off the lower edge of cap.
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 5:22:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Probably something like a Mohawk, with a shaft coming off the top to secure to cap, so you can lower it at least 1/2 off the lower edge of cap.
View Quote
Maybe even the Crye model designed to work with the NightCap?

Hatti, that battery pack looks well thought out(except maybe the material? Or was steel intentional for greater CW mass?)
Any details on the housing? More pictures?
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 2:09:24 AM EDT
[#4]
thanks for suggestions on means of correct placement of CW. :)
elastic cords on both sides linking googles with CW would not hurt either,i guess.

Hatti, that battery pack looks well thought out(except maybe the material? Or was steel intentional for greater CW mass?)
Any details on the housing? More pictures?
View Quote
oh yes, i did use steel to increase CW mass.
later i will either powder coat or epoxy thick rubber on it.

there is an old thread with pictures about binos

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/diy-bino/18-483606/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top