Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2018 10:31:17 AM EDT
Rather than Tapco fucking an SKS, I thought I’d Night Vision fuck my AR pistol!

Really just wanted to see how the Pulsar Challenger monocular would look on my fighting rig. Probably NOT going to leave it this way, but thought I’d make it a fun Friday and allow you to tear my configuration to shreds!

Link Posted: 5/11/2018 11:14:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Usually a weapons mounted optic is better suited for hunting or a overwatch roll since you have to point your rig at what you want to see. Mounting it to your dome is a may be a better option. Although this would make for a great low light fun gun.
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 12:38:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Usually a weapons mounted optic is better suited for hunting or a overwatch roll since you have to point your rig at what you want to see. Mounting it to your dome is a may be a better option. Although this would make for a great low light fun gun.
View Quote
I have an Armasight Spark Core that is helmet mounted. I did this for shits and giggles just to see what it would feel like.

With the helmet mounted Spark I would just remove the red dot and Pulsar and go with the IR laser.
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 6:43:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Which riser is that on your pistol?
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 8:44:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Which riser is that on your pistol?
View Quote
I think it’s an NcStat or UTG quickndetach throw lever!

Tier Zero till the end!
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 11:56:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Ha, do you really want us to tear it to shreds?
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 12:45:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ha, do you really want us to tear it to shreds?
View Quote
Go for it! Like I said, it was something I threw together for shits and giggles.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 10:34:37 AM EDT
[#7]
How do you like the Pulsar compared to the Spark?

PS: I'm asking for a friend :) No, really, I am.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 11:27:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
How do you like the Pulsar compared to the Spark?

PS: I'm asking for a friend :) No, really, I am.
View Quote
The Pulse is brighter but less sharp. The Spark wins hands down. The Pulsar doesn't require an adapter to mount to a J-arm, and the weapons mount is a lot cheaper for the Pulsar. If I could have only one I'd likely go with the Armasight. But to trade a Seiko watch for the Pulsar was a no brainer.

I also just made a trade for another Armasight, I want to see if I can cobble together a bridge to use two units at once.

Car is paid off next week, so there will be money going into an emergency/night vision fund..
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 7:05:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The Pulse is brighter but less sharp. The Spark wins hands down. The Pulsar doesn't require an adapter to mount to a J-arm, and the weapons mount is a lot cheaper for the Pulsar. If I could have only one I'd likely go with the Armasight. But to trade a Seiko watch for the Pulsar was a no brainer.

I also just made a trade for another Armasight, I want to see if I can cobble together a bridge to use two units at once.

Car is paid off next week, so there will be money going into an emergency/night vision fund..
View Quote
Hah, that's pretty sweat. I bet the RQE bridge would work as a mount for dual Sparks, they make a mini-rail adapter so it should fit with no problem.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 8:26:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Hah, that's pretty sweat. I bet the RQE bridge would work as a mount for dual Sparks, they make a mini-rail adapter so it should fit with no problem.
View Quote
$1600 for the bridge and two Sparks... why wouldn't I just get a used PVS 14 Gen 3 for that?

Bridges are ridiculously priced.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 10:04:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 8:07:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

$1600 for the bridge and two Sparks... why wouldn't I just get a used PVS 14 Gen 3 for that?

Bridges are ridiculously priced.
View Quote
Haha, yep. But hell, it's still cheaper than even just a sentinel housing. No tubes or glass. Duals are money.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 10:40:44 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote
Yes
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 11:45:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yes
View Quote
Yeah, but I have an SBR too...

Link Posted: 5/16/2018 6:28:11 AM EDT
[#15]
It's all good, bro. We all have a gun we just funk around with.
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 8:08:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It's all good, bro. We all have a gun we just funk around with.
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top