Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2018 10:16:56 AM EDT
Unfortunately a flash hider is not an option so I'm looking for the best budget option compensator with the lowest amount of flash. The YHM 28-5M2 looks like it may fit the task but I can't seem to find any photos or videos of it in action in a low light/no light video/pics. The battle comp seems to be one of the better ones but at 100-145 is a bit much.
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 9:32:03 PM EDT
[#1]
PWS TRIAD or this Midwest Industries flash hider. They're nowhere on the level as dedicated breaks but both are much better than the A2 for reducinguzzle climb. Recoil is about the same. Griffin flashcomp wasn't too bad with flash but there was enough that I went to a dedicated flash hider.

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/MI-AR15-Flash-Hider-Impact-Device-p/mi-arfh1.htm
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 5:08:35 AM EDT
[#2]
PWS FSC556 is actually very compromise. It is low profile compensator, pretty good at that, mind you. As a flame hider it is definately among the best as long as only comps are considered. I have one on my 556.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 1:46:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Get a suppressor.

ETA: Nevermind, I see you live in a state that doesn't allow such freedoms.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 3:24:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get a suppressor.

ETA: Nevermind, I see you live in a state that doesn't allow such freedoms.
View Quote
My state is continually working at taking away more of our freedoms. California is about to make hundreds of thousand unsuspecting law abiding citizens that own AR type rifles with a capacity of np more than 10 rounds with a bullet button into felons on June 30 11:59 pm if they don't register these types of firearms with the state. This includes taking 4 pictures of the firearm, when/where you bought it from.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 3:41:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 4:27:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

My state is continually working at taking away more of our freedoms. California is about to make hundreds of thousand unsuspecting law abiding citizens that own AR type rifles with a capacity of np more than 10 rounds with a bullet button into felons on June 30 11:59 pm if they don't register these types of firearms with the state. This includes taking 4 pictures of the firearm, when/where you bought it from.
View Quote
You should move to America.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 12:55:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Fucking insanity.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 1:04:37 AM EDT
[#8]
I really love my PWS CQB. It is technically sold as a compensator I believe. But it is really a Krinkov-like baffle (like the Flaming Pig) that has flash hider prongs too. I’ve never experienced any flash with it installed, even out of a 7” barrel. It is kinda heavy, but it makes up for that in cool factor, especially if you have a hand guard that goes right to the end of the barrel.

http://www.primaryarms.com/pws-cqb-compensator-223-1-2x28-3cqb12a1
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 11:52:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I think that this may be Californian's biggest fault is to move to a free state vs making a stand, band together and protest.

Quoted:

Fucking insanity.
No doubt. If it wouldn't screw up our future pension/heath care, there'd be no reason to stay.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 11:03:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 7:21:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Are you specifically looking for a brake/compensator for the functional properties over a flash suppressor? I'm only casually conversant in the various different "paths to legality" with CA builds and what is allowed on each, so I'm not sure if you're looking for something in that vein as a legal requirement, or if a brake/compensator is specifically what you're looking for.

IMHO, $100 can be a little tough to swallow for a muzzle device, but really, if you want one of the better comp/flash suppressor combinations, that's pretty much going to be where you end up. There are better compensators for less, but they're not going to be great performers when it comes to flash suppression/mitigation.

BCM Gunfighter compensators might be something worth looking into, as well as the Surefire Warcomp, which also has the advantage of allowing you to mount a Surefire Warden since you can't use a can, and at least turn it into something more similar to a linear comp.

~Augee
View Quote
I'm looking for the best flash suppression that is still legally a comp/break fo a CA build due to their upcoming ban. I looked at the Warcomp and the Procomp due to the price 39.00 (dealer) but I can't find a comparison between the 2 Thanks
Also congrats on joining TNVC, you'll make a great addition to the team with your experience.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 8:00:11 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd go Precision Armamaent AFAB or BCM's offering.  My MAMS is a bit blast for this use
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 11:37:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top