Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2015 5:10:45 PM EDT
Just bought this off the EE and have two questions for those more education than I

I didn't see this in the sellers pictures so I'm wondering if this should be a USPS claim or what...

Also should I be concerned with the eye piece assembly being cracked?

Eye piece crack

Thanks,
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:17:37 PM EDT
[#1]
The metal pin is the focus stop. It's supposed to be there. There is a hex screw holding it in place.

Can't see the crack in your pics, but if it is significant and compromises the function and not just cosmetic, I would be concerned. If not just cosmetic, and it wasn't disclosed by the seller, and if it was not visible in the pictures, you have a valid reason to complain.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:25:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The metal pin is the focus stop. It's supposed to be there. There is a hex screw holding it in place.

Can't see the crack in your pics, but if it is significant and compromises the function and not just cosmetic, I would be concerned. If not just cosmetic, and it wasn't disclosed by the seller, and if it was not visible in the pictures, you have a valid reason to complain.
View Quote

Figured the focus stop part out about 3 seconds after posting that

Here is a better picture of the focus ring thing? around the eye piece it's big enough for me to fit a micro sd card into it

Also I contacted the seller telling him I was making the thread didn't want there to be any talk of me doing something without him knowing.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:42:24 PM EDT
[#3]
That won't affect functionality and doesn't look like something that can get worse. I personally wouldn't worry about it if you got a good deal. Used equipment is gonna have flaws. The only way I would feel like the seller was wrong is if they described it as something along the lines of perfect or like new. Is it something that shoulda been specifically disclosed? Yeah probably, if they knew about it. Are they an asshole for not specifically disclosing it? If it wasn't represented as close to perfect, I don't think so.

It really is just a minor cosmetic issue, and in line with what I would typically expect and be ok with if getting a good deal in something used.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 6:27:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That won't affect functionality and doesn't look like something that can get worse. I personally wouldn't worry about it if you got a good deal. Used equipment is gonna have flaws. The only way I would feel like the seller was wrong is if they described it as something along the lines of perfect or like new. Is it something that shoulda been specifically disclosed? Yeah probably, if they knew about it. Are they an asshole for not specifically disclosing it? If it wasn't represented as close to perfect, I don't think so.

It really is just a minor cosmetic issue, and in line with what I would typically expect and be ok with if getting a good deal in something used.
View Quote

Yea I dunno I guess I'll talk to the seller I don't really feel like it was a decent deal I just wanted to give a monocular a shot since I'm running sentinels as my primary.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:12:13 PM EDT
[#5]
That's mine that I just sold. Probably should have made that clear in my ad. Adam at ab advised its a non-issue. I Have offered a full refund if he wishes to return. Don't want anyone to feel like they got screwed.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:53:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Doesn't look like it will get worse and I'm happy with it so we are cool
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:14:16 PM EDT
[#7]
it shouldnt mess with anything and dosent seem like its spreading

like others have said if it seems like a fair deal I wouldnt worry to much about it.

you can look a little more about how its made from TNVC's images link
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top