Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2014 9:51:38 AM EDT
Over the years of building and modifying NV units, and buying and selling parts and scopes, I have come by all sorts of odd parts. This is a very rare PVS-14 objective lens, made for ITT by Thales, all aluminum construction, and has an ANVIS coating. (second pic compared to standard objective) Guess which model  of PVS-14?
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 10:07:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Over the years of building and modifying NV units, and buying and selling parts and scopes, I have come by all sorts of odd parts. This is a very rare PVS-14 objective lens, made for ITT by Thales, all aluminum construction, and has an ANVIS coating. (second pic compared to standard objective) Guess which model  of PVS-14?http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd453/nvphotos4u/DSCN1753.jpghttp://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd453/nvphotos4u/DSCN1745.jpg
View Quote

O-Ring sealed, too! Very nice. Looks like it would be part of a submersible PVS-14 NOD, or much more weather/waterproof.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 10:12:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Damn, I have always wondered if a PVS-14 could work underwater.

If you were to make a case for it, could it see through the water?
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 10:36:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Pour a glass of Cabernet tonight. Turn off lights. Look at glass through NOD.

I don't know why that impresses me so much.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 4:39:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Why is there no like button?  I may try that tonight also.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 7:02:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote

They do make submersible versions of the PVS-14... But you'd need dive windows to actually use one underwater. I've never seen dive windows for the PVS-14. but it would be possible.

If you want underwater use though, better going for the MUM-14. It comes with dive windows out-of-the-box. It's also commonly used for this purpose.

Regards

David
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 8:22:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Clue as to origin of lens - orange
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 1:32:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Clue as to origin of lens - orange
View Quote

I know ITT  at one time made a Orange PVS-14 for search and rescue applications. They discontinued that unit. Nice lens and I have never seen one like it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 7:52:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Yup! ITT Night Rescue SAR-1. I have another lens like it  I bought to use in a dual PVS_14 setup, but the coating was different, and it wont focus to infinity (gen II?) The one above is in the EE right now if anyone wants it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top