Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2010 2:25:04 PM EDT
Did a search for Bushnell and nothing came up. So does anybody know if their night vision stuff is anygood? Its cheap, but I have a bunch of their rifle scopes and they are top notch (6500 series). I'm looking for a monocular and thought maybe theirs would be better than something out of the sportsman guide! Thanks
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:34:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Did a search for Bushnell and nothing came up. So does anybody know if their night vision stuff is anygood? Its cheap, but I have a bunch of their rifle scopes and they are top notch (6500 series). I'm looking for a monocular and thought maybe theirs would be better than something out of the sportsman guide! Thanks

Bushnell does not make any night vision scopes. They sell some that are just rebranded Russian scopes. Most if not all are Gen 1 and pretty cheap. Their day optics may be fine but the night vision they sell amounts to toys. Look elsewhere.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:38:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one, it's the 2x24 gen1 model.  For gen1 it isn't terrible, but it's NO pvs-2 either since it doesn't use the cascade style tube.  It is the same monoc as the Yukon NVMT 2x24, only w/ Bushnell on it instead of Yukon.  The only reason I bought it was because I got it EXTREMELY cheap and to use to show people the profound difference between gen1 and gen3.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:55:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have one, it's the 2x24 gen1 model.  For gen1 it isn't terrible, but it's NO pvs-2 either since it doesn't use the cascade style tube.  It is the same monoc as the Yukon NVMT 2x24, only w/ Bushnell on it instead of Yukon.  The only reason I bought it was because I got it EXTREMELY cheap and to use to show people the profound difference between gen1 and gen3.

The Yukon gear has been one of the better Gen 1 scopes I have ever used.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:39:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys.  A little surprised bushnell would put their name on a product that wasnt atleast halfway decient.  Im looking for something in the $500 to $1000 range. A monocular to be used mostly for walking in to deer stands and checking out foodplots before entering in the early morning so I dont spook em out.  Anything you could suggest that would let me see in a field say 150 to 200 yard? Or in the woods maybe 50 to 75 yards?  I dont expect military quality for $1000 just something decient.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:32:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Based on your description, you're pretty much out of Gen1 territory. There's a wide gap between Gen1 and Gen2 in both price and performance.

If you can find another $500 in your budget, then go for a D300 type Gen2 monocular. These will do what you're wanting to do and with some extra IR will go a fair way. Very good for looking around.

Sometimes, you can find a second hand one around $1000...

But in Gen1, you're better going for really cheap ( eg, under $100 ) though max effective range is about 30m...

David.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top