Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2008 1:02:39 PM EDT
This is the kind of NV I just bought PVS-14.  I hate Eotechs, and similar items etc.  I use this gun for Hog Hunting.  It is a LMT CQB MRP 16", and I love the LMT iron sights I have on it with the tritium up front, and tritium same plane rear.  Will I be able to use my irons with the PVS-14 or not?  If not what should I use?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:29:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:13:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Well if I have to I have to.  Maybe you can help me out here is what I want.  I bought the NV everyone told me to buy the PVS-14 sorry its new to me I'm just trying to jump in feet first.  I believe the lowest magnification on it is 4x I wish it were 1x-4x, but oh well.  So as for a dot scope I want the best/most rugged one I can get water resistant if possible with no magnification.  If you know of any that fit that bill let me know.  

Also Victor I checked out your page you have a better price on the NV than what I paid, but he is the guy I always buy stuff from etc., and I'm pretty loyal.  I told him about this, and he said that price was the best he could do, and he would not be heart broken if I bought my NV stuff from you.  If you would be interested in helping get the setup drop me a pm.

Thanks,
Thomas
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:55:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
snip

So as for a dot scope I want the best/most rugged one I can get water resistant if possible with no magnification.  If you know of any that fit that bill let me know.  

snip

I think the most rugged would be an Aimpoint M2.  Battery life rocks (over a year on daytime use setting), it is waterproof to 100m IIRC, but it is only a dot.

For an EOTech (which is still waterproof to 10 feet) you'd be better off getting a model that has NV capability.  It basically means there's a button on it that will dim the reticle to the lowest setting immediately instead of you having to manually turn it down.

The reticle is better on the EOTech IMO, but the battery life won't be as good (600 hours typically in daytime use with AA batts) as the Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:05:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Well if I have to I have to.  Maybe you can help me out here is what I want.  I bought the NV everyone told me to buy the PVS-14 sorry its new to me I'm just trying to jump in feet first.  I believe the lowest magnification on it is 4x I wish it were 1x-4x, but oh well.  So as for a dot scope I want the best/most rugged one I can get water resistant if possible with no magnification.  If you know of any that fit that bill let me know.  

Also Victor I checked out your page you have a better price on the NV than what I paid, but he is the guy I always buy stuff from etc., and I'm pretty loyal.  I told him about this, and he said that price was the best he could do, and he would not be heart broken if I bought my NV stuff from you.  If you would be interested in helping get the setup drop me a pm.

Thanks,
Thomas

the stock pvs 14 is not magnified..its just 1x...but you can put on the military 3x adaptor...they also make a 5x adapter...

if you dont like red dot type scopes you can get a universal adapter and put the pvs14 on  the scope...bigest thing with this is to make sure it (tyhe scope) has a large objective lens to let in as much light as posible...

the thing to remeber with NV is the more magnification the more light you need to see...its more technical then that but im putting in as simple as i can
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:39:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top