Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2008 4:26:33 PM EDT
Can they be used with PVS-14 helmet mounts or do they have their own specialized helmet mounts?

What kind of mount is this and would they work with it? If so, who has them?

Link Posted: 3/5/2008 4:31:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Try Ed wilcox.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 4:44:44 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Try Ed wilcox.

Who's that? Website?
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 5:43:26 PM EDT
[#3]
http://www.wilcoxeng-res.com/ Do a contact us and tell Ed what you want, an Anvis mount for a Kevlar or ACH helmet.  Ed makes top notch equipment, I did some testing for him in the sandbox.

What your picture is of, is a ANVIS mount on a Kevlar with a COPS battery pack attacked for power.

I just went to Ed's site, if you click on products and then click on AKHM, the pictures of the ACH with the ANVIS in the stowed and down position were taken at Baghdad International Airport are mine.  I carried one of his AKHM in my "go bag" in case we had to egress the aircraft, I would have a way of using my ANVIS with my ACH, looks like I am famous!  Thanks Ed.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 6:00:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Ed is building something similar that adapts Anvis Goggles to PASGT and MICH helmet plates. His uses the battery pack on the back of the helmet.

The above picture, (and the one below) are a, "one of" that I made. It took an HGU Rotary Wing Helmet mount. A Cops adapter. A standard Rhino mount and a custom cut piece of aluminum and about 15 hours to get it right. It is pretty cool in that the power is contained right there and with the goggles folded up, it did not increase your vertical spatial reality a great deal like a 14 on a J arm does.

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

P.S. That helmet is the lucky charm. It is an RBR 3A (PASGT pattern) that has been swapped back and forth through several trips to Iraq. Nobody who has had it, has ever gotten so much as a scratch.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 4:34:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone have any experience with this mount?

Would it work on a Bell or Protec helmet?

www.awsin.com/oa/ie/iesub/nvgm.htm
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 4:38:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 9:53:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Does that price include the ANVIS mount or is it just the strap system?

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 9:58:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Does that price include the ANVIS mount or is it just the strap system?

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

Thats just for he strap , no mount included. I have one around here somewhere if your interested. I bought it back when there were very few other options.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top