Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 145
Posted: 8/29/2007 11:57:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: murderman]
There have been several threads in the past; here is a chance to consolidate current concepts for the topic.

Ballistic rig on the left, scout rig on the right.  The plates are both bolted down to keep from changing position, with the top strap minimizing stress on that joint, as well as providing a very convenient place to ty-rap the Guardians.  

The MSA rig is balanced on a styrofoam mannequin head with the PVS both up and down; it is like that on a real head as well.  

Edited to add a couple shots with the CSM bracket:

Updated with the do rag replacement pic.

Latest mods...some paint and an M600C/KM2:

Link Posted: 3/9/2021 8:37:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lilMAC25:

Just did mine last night. How tight do you crank down the screw going through the rounded washer and spring into the AXL mount? Despite locktite, it unscrews if I rotate the earcups too much.
View Quote

Well I did it by feel, my left assembly stays solid while my right will loosen at the same value.  I just gave the right a little more torque and it stays a little better now but if I rotate it back and forth a bunch it will still loosen slightly.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 8:54:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone order amp arms from gentex recently and have them ship?
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 8:55:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By laxman09:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Hell I have had them on order for 6 or 7 weeks.  I just bought the whole kit from AXL because I was fucking tired of waiting
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 8:59:12 PM EDT
[#4]
View Quote

It will take months to get them. Just pretend it's a Form 4 and forget about it until you get a shipping notice.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 9:01:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By -KentuckyWindage-:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/vladimir-putin-laughing_zpsov82lsef_GIF-129.gif

Hell I have had them on order for 6 or 7 weeks.  I just bought the whole kit from AXL because I was fucking tired of waiting
View Quote

I was going to order through axl, but they have been oos.

I didn't even order the color I wanted
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 9:16:43 PM EDT
[#6]

I was going to order through axl, but they have been oos.

I didn't even order the color I wanted
View Quote

Order through TNVC. They are the most reliable and always back the warranties.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 9:18:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By M4Real:

It will take months to get them. Just pretend it's a Form 4 and forget about it until you get a shipping notice.
View Quote

It took 3 months just to get replacement bungees for a helmet.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 10:10:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Order through TNVC. They are the most reliable and always back the warranties.
View Quote

Ordered. Please get foliage green in ASAP
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 10:20:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Patience is a virtue.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 8:51:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Patience is a virtue.
View Quote

Seriously... One of the best life lessons I ever learned was bestowed upon me by ARFCOM.

Hunting down SF4Ps back in 2012, Form 1s and 4s after Sandyhook, LA-5s, Noveske Gen 3 stripped uppers, and now... anything from Gentex Corp.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 9:32:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By PFran42:

Seriously... One of the best life lessons I ever learned was bestowed upon me by ARFCOM.

Hunting down SF4Ps back in 2012, Form 1s and 4s after Sandyhook, LA-5s, Noveske Gen 3 stripped uppers, and now... anything from Gentex Corp.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/Screenshot_2021-03-10_074604_png-1859540.JPG
View Quote

OOOF
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 5:50:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#12]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/Screenshot_2021-03-10_074604_png-1859540.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Patience is a virtue.

I ordered Amp arms (Grey), axl kit for SORDINs, and Unity Tactical adapters for TW from HCCTatical on 3/2 and received on 3/8.

They happened to have most of the items I wanted in stock. I was expecting a long wait for AMP arms, but they showed up.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 6:21:01 PM EDT
[#13]

I ordered Amp arms (Grey), axl kit for SORDINs, and Unity Tactical adapters for TW from HCCTatical on 3/2 and received on 3/8.

They happened to have most of the items I wanted in stock. I was expecting a long wait for AMP arms, but they showed up.
View Quote

I ordered from them in beginning of Feb and they quoted me end of March. So I cancelled bc I wanted them for a shoot on 3/6.

TNVC said 1-2 week lead time via email today. Fingers crossed!
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 10:18:48 AM EDT
[#14]
GENTEX CORP OpsCore Fast High-Cut S/M only $507.95 with coupon code “GARANDTHUMB”

https://shop.gentexcorp.com/ops-core-fast-st-high-cut-helmet/

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 1:27:03 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

LOL you ordered in January, I just got my October order.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 1:32:13 PM EDT
[#16]

I ordered from them in beginning of Feb and they quoted me end of March. So I cancelled bc I wanted them for a shoot on 3/6.

View All Quotes

Did you try Weapon Outfitters? Roy’s been ordering tons of Ops-Core stuff, but I’m not sure if his stock is current or if he takes backorders.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 1:50:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: beitodesstrafe] [#17]
You guys are making me feel like I need to order a set of these arms.

(And head set. )
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 1:57:37 PM EDT
[#18]
I just placed an order Tuesday for a set of amps...fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 2:04:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By cmcflex:

Did you try Weapon Outfitters? Roy’s been ordering tons of Ops-Core stuff, but I’m not sure if his stock is current or if he takes backorders.
View Quote

BOOM! Order placed! Looks like it was in stock, too!

With my luck my TNVC and Gentex orders shipped already and I just dont know it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 2:06:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: laxman09] [#20]
Originally Posted By DeuceGoon:
I just placed an order Tuesday for a set of amps...fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
View Quote

Check out WeaponOutfitters NOW. They can currently be added to cart in all colors. You might get lucky.

@DeuceGoon
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 2:47:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Patience is a virtue.
View Quote

Disagree to a point. Typically it means you’re dealing with incompetence.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 2:55:18 PM EDT
[#22]

Check out WeaponOutfitters NOW. They can currently be added to cart in all colors. You might get lucky.

@DeuceGoon
View Quote

I'll check it out
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 5:12:52 PM EDT
[#23]

@DeuceGoon
View Quote

WO let me order the AMP RAC arms. Hope they were in stock!
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 5:16:29 PM EDT
[#24]

WO let me order the AMP RAC arms. Hope they were in stock!
View Quote

Mine says processing which according to their FAQ page means they have them in stock

Link Posted: 3/11/2021 6:27:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GSDAK47] [#25]
More stuff

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 6:40:27 PM EDT
[#26]

Coming together nicely, I spy Licentia arms improved counterweight pouch.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 1:14:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#27]
Guess what happens the minute I place an order with Weapon Outfitters for the Ops-Core AMP Helmet Rail Mount Kit?

Ops-Core ships my 3 month old Ops-Core AMP Helmet Rail Mount Kit order.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 1:23:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Guess what happens the minute I place an order with Weapon Outfitters for the Ops-Core AMP Helmet Rail Mount Kit?

Ops-Core ships my 3 month old Ops-Core AMP Helmet Rail Mount Kit order.
View Quote

Of course!

I cancelled my gentex order but am keeping my TNVC order open until one ships.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 4:58:37 PM EDT
[#29]
When I ordered from WO months ago they showed in stock at the time. The next morning I got an email asking if I would like to wait for them 7-9 weeks.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 5:04:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By HK_MARK23:
When I ordered from WO months ago they showed in stock at the time. The next morning I got an email asking if I would like to wait for them 7-9 weeks.
View Quote

Yikes. Glad I'm still on order with TNVC that said 1-2 weeks
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 6:31:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Just got shipping notice from WO for my amp arms

Thanks for the suggestion @cmcflex
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 6:50:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cowbell] [#32]

View Quote

Yes indeed, thanks for the heads up. Ordered my amp arms today. Now to order some AXL for my howard leights.

Yes I know, Howard Leights and RNVG's
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 6:56:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Cowbell:

Yes indeed, thanks for the heads up. Ordered my amp arms today. Now to order some AXL for my howard leights.

View Quote

Haters might hate but you'll be flying high

Link Posted: 3/12/2021 7:02:21 PM EDT
[#34]

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/DSC5543-920x615.jpg
View All Quotes

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/DSC5543-920x615.jpg

Lolol
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 8:57:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 12:05:21 AM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

Happy to help and glad it worked out! Though Roy is the real hero.

I was able to add everything Ops-Core that I tried to my cart and it all seemed to work. It made me think he had a backorder system but it looks like he’s just stacking deep.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 12:34:41 AM EDT
[#37]

I was able to add everything Ops-Core that I tried to my cart and it all seemed to work. It made me think he had a backorder system but it looks like he’s just stacking deep.
View Quote

Roy is everyones hero
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 6:28:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GroundhogOZ] [#38]
I noticed there are a lot of Ops Core ballistic helmets in this thread ~ I get the mounting benefits of the bump but not the benefits of the ballistic.  

The reason I say this its pretty well known that as a ballistic helmets its V50 maxs out around 9mm e.g. realistically it somewhere near a NIJ II helmet, not IIIA like the Flux or the HHV ATE2.  

See below for direct comparo between HHV and OPs Core - 9mm, in terms impacts and deformation (back face deformation).  

Crown BFD 15.0mm, Side BFD 13.3mm, Front BFD 14.8mm, Back BFD 8.5mm @ 1400 + 50, -0 ft/s with 9mm.  - HHV

Crown BFD 23.4mm, Side BFD 27.1mm, Front BFD 29mm, Back BFD 19.1mm @ 1,195 (+50/-0) fps with 9mm. - OPs Core

If you go and look at the ACH, ECH or UK MK VII - they far exceed IIIA.  

So I pose the question why the OPs Core ballistic over other ballistic options.  

My view has always been you go light or you go full ballistic (when and where its really required - mainly debris and shrapnel +/- bullets)

Link Posted: 3/13/2021 10:36:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By GroundhogOZ:
I noticed there are a lot of Ops Core ballistic helmets in this thread ~ I get the mounting benefits of the bump but not the benefits of the ballistic.  

The reason I say this its pretty well known that as a ballistic helmets its V50 maxs out around 9mm e.g. realistically it somewhere near a NIJ II helmet, not IIIA like the Flux or the HHV ATE2.  

See below for direct comparo between HHV and OPs Core - 9mm, in terms impacts and deformation (back face deformation).  

Crown BFD 15.0mm, Side BFD 13.3mm, Front BFD 14.8mm, Back BFD 8.5mm @ 1400 + 50, -0 ft/s with 9mm.  - HHV

Crown BFD 23.4mm, Side BFD 27.1mm, Front BFD 29mm, Back BFD 19.1mm @ 1,195 (+50/-0) fps with 9mm. - OPs Core

If you go and look at the ACH, ECH or UK MK VII - they far exceed IIIA.  

So I pose the question why the OPs Core ballistic over other ballistic options.  

My view has always been you go light or you go full ballistic (when and where its really required - mainly debris and shrapnel +/- bullets)

View Quote

Ops-Core is the Glock of the Helmet World. Everyone makes accessories for the rails and replacement parts are easier to come by. Mounts and shrouds are also designed to the curvature and slope of the front of the shell. If you are a lefty, it is way easier finding a LH harness vs. other manufacturers (except Team Wendy) that use proprietary attachment methods like boltless. I think Ops-Core strikes a good balance between light and protective. You a far more likely to take shrapnel and inadvertent strikes/bumps/impacts than a bullet to the dome.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 10:57:35 AM EDT
[#40]
GENTEX CORP OpsCore Fast High-Cut S/M only $507.95 with coupon code “GARANDTHUMB”

https://shop.gentexcorp.com/ops-core-fast-st-high-cut-helmet/

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/WPC-Q-000001_9_17_31_AM_png-1860843.JPG
View Quote

I was excited for a second . . . then I saw the size limitation.  Who has a head this size other than a pre-pubescent girl?
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 3:33:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GroundhogOZ] [#41]

Ops-Core is the Glock of the Helmet World. Everyone makes accessories for the rails and replacement parts are easier to come by. Mounts and shrouds are also designed to the curvature and slope of the front of the shell. If you are a lefty, it is way easier finding a LH harness vs. other manufacturers (except Team Wendy) that use proprietary attachment methods like boltless. I think Ops-Core strikes a good balance between light and protective. You a far more likely to take shrapnel and inadvertent strikes/bumps/impacts than a bullet to the dome.
View Quote

Sure I get that, and thats why I have a number of bumps (first and second gen) - but I have come to see the OC ballistic helmet (2.01 lbs xl shell) as a ricochet fragment helmet e.g. in effect it will deal with high speed fragments reasonably well for example a 17 grain fragment at 2,200 fps - has a 50:50 chance of penetration.  So likely relatively safe from fragments and ricochets - still surprised it has a V50 for 9mm - this means a 9mm will be stopped 50% of the time at a velocity of 1195 fps.  Still appears down relative to MTEK, TW, HHV, ECH and UK MK VII (2.2lbs xl shell) in terms of ballistic protection (these have 3A as a minimum standard).
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 12:10:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Finally got to run this for a night with some PVS-31s from a good friend. The AMP arms are the truth, really dig the positioning of my admin light, and the Licentia Arms counterweight pouch did what I needed it to do. All in all, super happy with this lid.

photo by Heart & Fist
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 4:26:04 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

Got shipping notification just now for my amp arms...
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 4:45:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Amp arms woooo!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 6:10:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Just put my 4D pads into my OPSCORE and oh my god they are amazing. Absolutely worth the cost.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 7:47:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By BBOHACH:
Just put my 4D pads into my OPSCORE and oh my god they are amazing. Absolutely worth the cost.
View Quote
they are not optional.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 6:28:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Attachment Attached File

RAC Link and AMP Arms arrived today. Anyone else having issues with cable routing on an XL helmet? I can't get the ear cups stowed without serious kinkage on the cord connecting the two ear cups. I mounted them as low as possible on the ARC rails it is still looking suspect.

Also, not thrilled about AXL's boom mic solution. It doesn't allow the boom to rotate out of the way. I was careful taking my Peltors apart for the conversion so I can go 100% back to stock (including the little ranger bands) If I can find a seamstress willing to sew the leather back onto the metal headband.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 6:49:23 PM EDT
[#48]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20210316_214251511_jpg-1868212.JPG

RAC Link and AMP Arms arrived today. Anyone else having issues with cable routing on an XL helmet? I can't get the ear cups stowed without serious kinkage on the cord connecting the two ear cups. I mounted them as low as possible on the ARC rails it is still looking suspect.

Also, not thrilled about AXL's boom mic solution. It doesn't allow the boom to rotate out of the way. I was careful taking my Peltors apart for the conversion so I can go 100% back to stock (including the little ranger bands) If I can find a seamstress willing to sew the leather back onto the metal headband.
View Quote

I'm don't have that cord issue with my Sordins and a M/L helmet. I am apprehensive about stowing them and tearing up the gel seals though

Link Posted: 3/16/2021 7:14:46 PM EDT
[#49]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20210316_214251511_jpg-1868212.JPG

View Quote

Probably not ideal, but why not just Dremel the Tegris on the RAC Link down where the boom is and get rid of that part if it is an issue...
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 7:29:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 145
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top