Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2018 12:05:51 AM EDT
I'm sorry, I've read multiple threads on here but I'm still a bit confused on a couple things.

-CLEO notification, the 5320.23 I need to complete has a spot for Cleo agency name and officer name. Do I need to call and speak to someone and get their name, or just put "Sheriff's office" and whoever the sheriff is? Then send them a completed 5320?

-Photo upload, just a photo of me with a white background good enough right? Do I also need to tape one to the 5320 AND upload another to the website?

-Name/manufacturer, that works be my name and address since I'm "making" the SBR correct?

-Any advise for my first time?
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 12:43:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Here is what SS put on my form 4 so I have been putting it on my form 1’s.  Been printing it out and Then i mail them a copy.

Upload only needed.  Your mug on white background.

Last question has me baffled on where your at on the form.

Did you go through this posting?  It should help set you straight.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Visual-Guide-How-to-Fill-out-a-Form-1-using-EForms/17-493132/
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 12:51:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Just print and mail the CLEO notification to whom ever you want in your area just put their name and main office address on the Efile form (Sheriff, Chief of Police, State Police etc), no need to call anyone.

In regards to the photo for Efile, there is a “photo upload” button on the website form, you just need a ID/passport type photo and upload it to the form.

Not sure I understand your last question. If you’re using a receiver that’s already been serialized you will go with the name and address of that manufacturer not your name.
Your name and town info that will be engraved on the receiver will go in “additional discription” box.
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 9:19:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just print and mail the CLEO notification to whom ever you want in your area just put their name and main office address on the Efile form (Sheriff, Chief of Police, State Police etc), no need to call anyone.

In regards to the photo for Efile, there is a “photo upload” button on the website form, you just need a ID/passport type photo and upload it to the form.

Not sure I understand your last question. If you’re using a receiver that’s already been serialized you will go with the name and address of that manufacturer not your name.
Your name and town info that will be engraved on the receiver will go in “additional discription” box.
View Quote
Thanks guys. @bestiller Yeah,I think it's question 4b on the 5320. I thought I read that since "I" was making an SBR I would be the manufacture. Also, for model would I just put AR15? Seems obvious but I know some lowers actually say a model, like my Aero lower says X15. I have a TBRC lower that doesn't.
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 5:45:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thanks guys. @bestiller Yeah,I think it's question 4b on the 5320. I thought I read that since "I" was making an SBR I would be the manufacture. Also, for model would I just put AR15? Seems obvious but I know some lowers actually say a model, like my Aero lower says X15. I have a TBRC lower that doesn't.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It should have a model listed somewhere. I looked up TBRC and in the case of the lower below, the model would be "1836":

From what I can see, they only make one other lower with the model name "A Salt Rifle". In either case, you'd use exactly what is on the lower (i.e. either "A Salt Rifle" or "1836").
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 7:54:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It should have a model listed somewhere. I looked up TBRC and in the case of the lower below, the model would be "1836":

https://tbrci.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Lower.jpg

From what I can see, they only make one other lower with the model name "A Salt Rifle". In either case, you'd use exactly what is on the lower (i.e. either "A Salt Rifle" or "1836").
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://tbrci.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Lower.jpg

Perfect, thanks. I have the second lower so I would put A Salt Rifle then.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 10:58:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Just to update, I completed my first form 1 yesterday

Thanks for the help. The website, for whatever reason, kept keeping it in Draft for but after the site maintenance yesterday I was able to go back through, submit again and it went through. I'm overnighting my prints today. Now that I've done the process I can see myself doing another very soon lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top