Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/9/2018 8:01:56 AM EDT
I have a suppressor that unscrews into sections. Can I pin it to make essentially a 16” barrel rifle even though it comes apart for cleaning?
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 8:09:40 AM EDT
[#1]
What is the specific model of silencer you have?

In its shortest fireable configuration while disassembled, will it still be over 16"? If not then it's an SBR.

You don't get to pin a mount or blast chamber to the muzzle and then claim the total assembled barrel+silencer length... you only get to claim the barrel+fixed blast chamber length. I suggest you plan to either use a monocore supressor or one in which the full length of the outer tube is affixed permanentky to the mount-nut or and/or the barrel instead. Pinning a modular suppressor (like a Q erector) makes very little sense.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 9:10:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Thought as much, thanks.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 2:45:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What is the specific model of silencer you have?

In its shortest fireable configuration while disassembled, will it still be over 16"? If not then it's an SBR.

You don't get to pin a mount or blast chamber to the muzzle and then claim the total assembled barrel+silencer length... you only get to claim the barrel+fixed blast chamber length. I suggest you plan to either use a monocore supressor or one in which the full length of the outer tube is affixed permanentky to the mount-nut or and/or the barrel instead. Pinning a modular suppressor (like a Q erector) makes very little sense.
View Quote
Doesn't seem like the OP wants to say

Must be a Rebel Silencer
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top