Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2012 8:03:01 AM EDT
Are there any drawbacks to using a money order with a trust?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:06:02 AM EDT
[#1]
you can't tell when its been cashed
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:18:00 AM EDT
[#2]
You have to stand in line somewhere to get it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:03:33 AM EDT
[#3]
^ first TWO posts

I've used MOs before. These are the drawbacks.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:56:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
^ first TWO posts

It's sort of what I expected, I'd be interested to know if caused any additional delays or other hassles. So far

issue1 + issue2 > wife's shrill "do you need another xfz"
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 3:22:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

^ first TWO posts

It's sort of what I expected, I'd be interested to know if caused any additional delays or other hassles. So far

No delays. It was nerve wracking for the first NFA item I bought since I didnt know when it was cashed.

Like any other NFA paper work, just forget about it and get a pleasant surprise one day.

-my $.02

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:28:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Are there any drawbacks to using a money order with a trust?

There's no reason to.  Just write a check from your personal account.  It doesnt matter who pays the tax, it just needs to be paid.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:13:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
^ first TWO posts

There aren't any other issues to using a MO. I just do a personal check, so I know they got it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:21:48 AM EDT
[#8]
I have always used a money order.  Takes exacty two weeks from time I mailed it to them to see it went pending, so there are obviousyly no issues with time.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 4:45:09 AM EDT
[#9]
I use money orders and I know the Gov. will cash it . It's never failed, they like my money.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 5:47:07 AM EDT
[#10]
I use solely money orders.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 6:54:27 AM EDT
[#11]
I've been thinking lately, what if your package gets lost?  
There's $200 in it.  Not a big deal if its a check, but could be a hassle getting the money back from the Post Office.

I've been using Money orders, but will probably switch to checks after these next two Form 4s.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 7:02:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Can't speak for postal money orders. However I have always used ones from my bank which are free for me. Just need to call the number on your stub to see if its been cashed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top