Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2009 3:59:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:23:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmn, uh, maybe that flash hider brings it to 18"?

Pretty sure I wont be bidding on that one
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:51:20 PM EDT
[#2]
It should be illegal just for looking like that
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:27:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I sent the seller a question asking the barrel/OAL.  This should be interesting

[popcorn]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:18:29 AM EDT
[#4]
BWAHAHA!!!
"sawdoff" WTF?!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:11:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Well... since its listed in the regular shotgun category, and not the Class III/NFA category thats one indicator.  and he doesnt make the usual mention about "buyer pays all taxes blah blah blah" thats another.  Not that its legitimacy was ever a real question, since nothing about his listing seems kosher.

Kinda makes me wonder how many tickets to club fed are out there just because of people's ignorance, and they have no idea what theyre doing is illegal.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:13:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Question sent by cosmos556:
Hello, what is the length of the barrel?  Overall length?  How is the flash hider attached?  Thanks, cosmos556

Response from seller:
18 1/2 " Barrel, Not a real Flash hider plastic attached with a band.

Well it puts a new spin on tacticool
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 11:02:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:03:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Sure doesn't look it; all I can assume is the barrel continues forward under the flash hider.  Maybe that's 18" tiles on the floor?  I don't know.  A couple buddies and I were looking it over today and we can't make sense of how it is legal length, but I guess it could be by the hair on its chin.

Your auction looks illegal - but check out this AOW (complete with folding stock)!!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:09:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Sure doesn't look it; all I can assume is the barrel continues forward under the flash hider. Maybe that's 18" tiles on the floor? I don't know. A couple buddies and I were looking it over today and we can't make sense of how it is legal length, but I guess it could be by the hair on its chin.

Your auction looks illegal - but check out this AOW (complete with folding stock)!!

I'm well versed in the ins  and outs of whats legal and what not on SBS and AOWs, so this auction has me wondering.  If I understand correctly, being a smoothbore pistol and being a pistol with vertical foregrip constitute AOW.  I shotgun with short barrel but still has a buttstock is a SBS.  This auction is showing a shotgun listed as an AOW that has a vertical foregrip but also has a buttstock that happens to fold.   So does the presense of a buttstock make it a SBS instead of an AOW or does the fact that it folds change things.  Classifications can seem so blurry when you consider that adding a stock to a pistol (like the kit that Israeli company sells for Glocks) turns a pistol into a SBR.  I've heard some locales allow for either SBS and not AOW and vice versa, so how does a shotgun like the one listed play out in those areas?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:26:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:59:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sure doesn't look it; all I can assume is the barrel continues forward under the flash hider. Maybe that's 18" tiles on the floor? I don't know. A couple buddies and I were looking it over today and we can't make sense of how it is legal length, but I guess it could be by the hair on its chin.

I'm well versed in the ins and outs of whats legal and what not on SBS and AOWs, so this auction has me wondering. If I understand correctly, being a smoothbore pistol and being a pistol with vertical foregrip constitute AOW. I shotgun with short barrel but still has a buttstock is a SBS. This auction is showing a shotgun listed as an AOW that has a vertical foregrip but also has a buttstock that happens to fold. So does the presense of a buttstock make it a SBS instead of an AOW or does the fact that it folds change things. Classifications can seem so blurry when you consider that adding a stock to a pistol (like the kit that Israeli company sells for Glocks) turns a pistol into a SBR. I've heard some locales allow for either SBS and not AOW and vice versa, so how does a shotgun like the one listed play out in those areas?

IMHO, there is no blurring, the classifications are clear.

If a firearm with a smoothbore barrel is designed to be fired from the shoulder, it is a shotgun –– and if the barrel length is under 18", it is an SBS.

The only way the folding stock would be change things is if it were permanently welded in the closed position before it was mounted on the host gun. In that case, yes, it would be an AOW, because it was not designed to be fired from the shoulder, nor could it be.

If the stock of the firearm in the above-referenced ad can be unfolded to full-length, it's an SBS. If it cannot be unfolded, it's an AOW.

Ok, then that makes sense.  So basically just another case of someone on Gunbroker that doesn't know his head from a hole in the ground.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:08:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top