Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2006 1:09:57 AM EDT
Since the chances of me being able to SBR my PS90 are nil for this lifetime, I was thinking about getting a suppressor for my AR-15s.
However, I have a few questions that those knowledgeable about cans could answer:

1). I read somewhere that you could get a 9mm suppressor threaded for 1/2-28, which would work for 9mm pistols like the Glock w/ a special barrel, and this can would also fit on AR-15s. Is this true? I could just get 1 suppressor for multiple weapons in this case. Or is it illegal? Any drawbacks?

2). How long do cans last? If I soak them or wash them in Slip 2k Carbon Killer to get rid of the fouling, will they last the life of the barrel?

3). Which AR-15 cans work with the A1/A2 birdcage and Phantom 5C1? I can live w/o a can for the Glock, but if I get one for the AR-15s, I'd rather not take off the FS each time.

4). Do you have a list of suppressors with prices somewhere?

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:55:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:08:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I just bought a Gemtech HALO, attaches to any 22mm NATO standard Flash Suppressor.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:36:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Just curious, but why can't you SBR the PS90?

To answer question #1, it shouldn't be illegal or anything, but a 9mm can probably could not stand up to the blast pressures of a 5.56 round.  5.56 cans are made of much tougher material like stainless steel and iconel (sp?).  Many 9mm cans use aluminum and some stainless steel.  If you build a 9mm upper for your ar15, that is a different story.  Check out 9mm carbines

For question 3, many manufacturers make special FS for their quick detach mounts on their cans.  A couple of them are Advanced Armament, Surefire, YHM, etc.  There are some out there that will mount on the regular FS like the Gemtech if that is your preference.  

Anyway, I hope this helps.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:38:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks. It sounds like suppressing the AR-15s would be preferred. Does the Gemtech Halo work on the A1, A2, and Phantom Flash suppressors?

I can't SBR the PS90 due to MI law. That *might* change within a few decades seeing how we progressed to the point that pre-86 MGs are now legal, and hopefully very soon, sound suppressors as well.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:30:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thanks. It sounds like suppressing the AR-15s would be preferred. Does the Gemtech Halo work on the A1, A2, and Phantom Flash suppressors?

I can't SBR the PS90 due to MI law. That *might* change within a few decades seeing how we progressed to the point that pre-86 MGs are now legal, and hopefully very soon, sound suppressors as well.

A1 and A2 only
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top