Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 66
Posted: 8/28/2017 2:27:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon]
Mod edit...OK, here's the thread. All the whining and moaning can run free. Leave all the other threads to the facts around approvals.

I want to fucking bitch about how I'm seeing guys from god damn November getting approvals and I've got one from September 28th I've yet to hear shit about. Cmon freaking ATF. This is such bullshit. I just got off the phone with them. Still pending.
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 10:28:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Tomorrow marks exactly 300 days since they cashed my check for my form 4, seems like a good time to give them a call to check the status. What specifically should I ask them, other than simply “is my stamp approved yet?”
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 10:35:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:
Nathan Hartsock
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 1057:

I lucked out, just got the email. Total of 11 days. Last stamp approval was on 9/18/15, so that sounds like BS since it has been well over two years since my last stamp. Not to mention all of my other stamps were on a trust prior to 41F, so this was first time submitting prints/photo.  Can’t make out examiner though

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/299647/12B0398B-5DC9-4716-AED4-99C5F5DD3AE7-906806.jpg
Nathan Hartsock
TY Sir
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 10:57:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 1:44:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I’d like to check the status of a Form 4. (Pause, as they’ll ask for the serial number). It’s ABC123, transferring from Joes Gun Shop to pizdets. (They’ll answer)

That’s the extent of the entire discussion.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By pizdets:
Tomorrow marks exactly 300 days since they cashed my check for my form 4, seems like a good time to give them a call to check the status. What specifically should I ask them, other than simply “is my stamp approved yet?”
I’d like to check the status of a Form 4. (Pause, as they’ll ask for the serial number). It’s ABC123, transferring from Joes Gun Shop to pizdets. (They’ll answer)

That’s the extent of the entire discussion.
they only know if its pending, approved or denied.
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 1:47:06 AM EDT
[#5]
When can I have a post 86 MG?
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 3:07:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Donut777donut] [#6]
Deleted
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 9:10:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By BIGSHOOTER414:
View Quote
Apply for a FFL 07/02 with SOT

Youll be able to make your own post 86 MGs before you get a form 4 back on a pre86 one

Serious
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 5:41:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Submitted my eform 1 3/31 and sent my prints off 4/2.

Called today because I figured it should be getting close. ATF has not received my prints. It would seem that USPS lost the priority mail envelope.

I had to request an extension on the fingerprints and order more cards.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 7:51:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I dont know if this is going to be the new norm or not but I sent in my paperwork Feb 13th and the check cashed apr 2nd. Time for the long wait.
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 2:11:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Dark_zero_x:
I dont know if this is going to be the new norm or not but I sent in my paperwork Feb 13th and the check cashed apr 2nd. Time for the long wait.
View Quote
Starting February, 1st ATF changed their payment processing location to a P.O. Box in Portland, Oregon; if you sent paperwork to the old address in GA, I'd imagine most of that delay was waiting for them to forward it.

I recently sent in an F4 to the new Portland address and they took three business days to cash the check - arrived 03/30 (a Saturday) and the check was cashed 04/03.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 9:51:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Mr_Maim:
Now at 369 days.
View All Quotes
Form 4

344 days from check cashed to today  

Spoke with my Examiner who, to her credit was very nice and returned my call from my voicemail left the previous day, apologized for the wait and said "pending FBI background check" and has been there since August.
< ...shrug... >
Now at 369 days.
Now at 393 days.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 9:54:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Was told yesterday to expect > 9 months for Form 4 approvals.  I'm going the roll your own route for my next suppressor and SBR.  E-File all the things!!!
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 11:25:04 AM EDT
[#13]
9 months?

Are approvals getting slower?  If so, what's the reasoning?
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 11:45:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By m6z:
9 months?

View Quote
Muh gov shutdown
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 1:06:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By chase45:
Muh gov shutdown
View All Quotes
9 months?

Muh gov shutdown
Bunch of pricks.  They were only shutdown for 35 goddamn days.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 4:24:47 PM EDT
[#16]
I just got off the phone with the NFA branch, been waiting over 300 days for a form 4 and they said it hasn’t even been assigned to an examiner yet.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of turnaround time can be expected once it does get assigned to an examiner? Will they be able get it done in a couple weeks, or would it be more like a couple months?
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 4:59:32 PM EDT
[#17]
I just got off the phone with the NFA branch, been waiting over 300 days for a form 4 and they said it hasn’t even been assigned to an examiner yet.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of turnaround time can be expected once it does get assigned to an examiner? Will they be able get it done in a couple weeks, or would it be more like a couple months?
View Quote
Like a day or two as long as it does not go pending. Then it goes to the FBI
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 5:00:06 PM EDT
[#18]
View All Quotes
9 months?

Muh gov shutdown
Yep that’s what they keep telling me. Even though the time does not add up at all
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 5:01:17 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote
That doesn't sound right.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 5:19:01 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote
Yeah its laughable they use that excuse when they had my form basically a year before this shutdown happened
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 5:23:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By swampvol:

View Quote
@swampvol how so?
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 6:12:20 PM EDT
[#22]

@swampvol how so?
View Quote
I could be way off base here, but I thought it gets to an examiners desk after 5-7 months, then they do whatever they do for another month or three, then they end it with an NICS. And hopefully you don't get a delay.

Just hard to believe that after 10 months it hasn't even been assigned yet.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 9:57:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pizdets] [#23]

I could be way off base here, but I thought it gets to an examiners desk after 5-7 months, then they do whatever they do for another month or three, then they end it with an NICS. And hopefully you don't get a delay.

View Quote
Yeah, that’s what I was thinking as well. I figured that it would be getting approved any day now, so I was very surprised when the guy told me it hasn’t even been assigned to an examiner yet

Looks like I’ve still got quite a while before I’ll be getting it back, most likely not until after summer
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 3:30:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Damn 302 days here
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 8:52:58 AM EDT
[#25]

Youll be able to make your own post 86 MGs before you get a form 4 back on a pre86 one

Serious
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BIGSHOOTER414:

Serious
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 12:02:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Called and left a message for my examiner today. 358 days since cashed and still nothing.  It also seems to be holding my other form 4’s up as well since I should have gotten at least 1 other one by now. Starting to get kinda frickin pissed.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 12:23:34 PM EDT
[#27]
View All Quotes

I am at 290 days and mine hasn't been assigned an examiner yet either.  I PCS in July and asked them if I should send my orders to expedite and they told me I would have to in order to get the stamp in time.  So based on that info they are estimating a year at least before approval.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 1:51:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Nothing like being told that your form 4 that has been with them for nine months has not been assigned yet and being laughed at when you point out that the ffl is going out of business
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 10:04:55 AM EDT
[#29]
My form 4 also went to Portland address, mailed April 11th, check was out of my account on the 18th.

So I’m 10 days in!!!
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 10:50:57 AM EDT
[#30]
My weekly check says still pending

I really enjoy how they tell me the average is 9 months too

Link Posted: 4/29/2019 11:01:24 AM EDT
[#31]
My weekly check says still pending

I really enjoy how they tell me the average is 9 months too

https://i.imgur.com/hEd91kZh.jpg
View Quote
Did you get Angela?  She sounded really exasperated when I just spoke with her.

I'm at 9.5 months, and it still hasn't been assigned to an examiner.    286 days as of today.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 11:06:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: chase45] [#32]
Originally Posted By JAG2955:

Did you get Angela?  She sounded really exasperated when I just spoke with her.

I'm at 9.5 months, and it still hasn't been assigned to an examiner.    286 days as of today.
View Quote
Nah some guy, he sounded sort of latino.

Theres 2 chicks Ive dealt with that are a bit more helpful than the normal people who answer the phone while getting a hard on for telling you lol nope still not done yet, no lol no idea when it will be either.

My congressional rep should be contacting me this week. Im sure he will just tell me how I need to be more patient and understanding however.

I also was not assigned an examiner for a very lengthy amount of time, cant tell you when exactly it was assigned because when I asked they told me they couldn't tell me.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 3:34:57 PM EDT
[#33]
LOL

Congressional rep basically told me to wait another month and be patient, and if it still hasn't been processed they want to close my inquiry so I can go to another representative

What a big joke this is
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 4:43:17 PM EDT
[#34]
LOL

Congressional rep basically told me to wait another month and be patient, and if it still hasn't been processed they want to close my inquiry so I can go to another representative

What a big joke this is
View Quote
I'll say that once I had a Form 4 hit 18 months, I called my local ATF field office, and they were actually super helpful, and while the guy couldn't tell me exactly why it was being delayed so long, he said it would certainly take a much longer time, and he suggested I cancel the Form 4 and reorder another.

I wound up doing that.  Turns out, the Form 3 for the suppressor matched its serial number, but it was also reported to the ATF as destroyed, or something similar like that.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 5:20:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By JAG2955:
I'll say that once I had a Form 4 hit 18 months, I called my local ATF field office, and they were actually super helpful, and while the guy couldn't tell me exactly why it was being delayed so long, he said it would certainly take a much longer time, and he suggested I cancel the Form 4 and reorder another.

I wound up doing that.  Turns out, the Form 3 for the suppressor matched its serial number, but it was also reported to the ATF as destroyed, or something similar like that.
View Quote
Ive asked my examiner and the phone reps multiple times if there is an issue with the paperwork

They've always told me nope
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 5:40:37 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm at day 225 since cash was checked.... the wait is getting harder!!!
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 7:03:19 PM EDT
[#37]

Ive asked my examiner and the phone reps multiple times if there is an issue with the paperwork

They've always told me nope
View Quote
Maybe they dropped it on Smith-Boyer-McCallaghan's desk before zhe went out for a combination of pregnancy leave and gender reassignment surgery.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 7:21:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Waited 365 days to hear my MG was approved on 4/9.. as of yesterday still waiting on my stamp..
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 10:48:29 PM EDT
[#39]
293 days since cashed on my Trash Panda.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 12:28:31 AM EDT
[#40]

View Quote
I don't think so, I've always heard that what the examiner actually does with your form takes minutes. If you get a quick approval on the BG check, you're approved shortly after you get to an examiners desk. All of the time is spent waiting for your 15 minutes of attention on the examiners desk.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 8:57:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Gtscotty:

I don't think so, I've always heard that what the examiner actually does with your form takes minutes. If you get a quick approval on the BG check, you're approved shortly after you get to an examiners desk. All of the time is spent waiting for your 15 minutes of attention on the examiners desk.
View Quote
Assuming your examiner goes to work everyday that is

Ive been trying to reach mine for the last 4 business days.

He either doesn't answer his desk phone or hes never in his office
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 11:08:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dragpo] [#42]
287 on saker 556k. Just being told Pending. 20 or so other stamps usually quick...
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 11:14:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: chase45] [#43]

After calling 2x a day for nearly the past week, trying to reach my examiner with no luck

I finally got a return call from my examiner

He checked on the delayed FBI background, and its completed

He said he would try and knock it out today and have it mailed out by next week

This nightmare is finally coming to a end

I also asked about UPIN

He said it would help vastly for future NFA transfers
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 2:44:33 PM EDT
[#44]
"Hey, I'm calling to check the status of my 5320.20?"

"Oh, it hasn't been processed yet. It was only submitted on 8 April."

Good job, guys. Glad I pay so much in taxes.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 9:46:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Happy anniversary to me!  What a joke. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 1:05:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Approaching 300 days on my Trash Panda.

My previous form 4 took 289 days and I only bought it around the same time as the Trash Panda. Any day now...
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 1:16:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Almost 300 days for my Maxim 9.

And they're still beating the "government shutdown" drum.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 2:56:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well. I figured that it would be getting approved any day now, so I was very surprised when the guy told me it hasn't even been assigned to an examiner yet

Looks like I've still got quite a while before I'll be getting it back, most likely not until after summer
View All Quotes

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well. I figured that it would be getting approved any day now, so I was very surprised when the guy told me it hasn't even been assigned to an examiner yet

Looks like I've still got quite a while before I'll be getting it back, most likely not until after summer
That's what they told me last time I called. Check was cashed June 11 2018. I asked if I could speak to my examiner and they said it hadn't been assigned to one yet.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 4:07:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Just submitted my orders last Thursday as I PCS in the next 45 days and it was approved yesterday so they can work something if they really need to.  If any military are in the same boat you will need to submit a copy of your orders and a signed MFR with the auppressor information and request for expedite to [email protected].  My form 4 went pending in mid-July and hadn't been assigned an examiner when I called last Wednesday.

Plan to buy my next suppressor within the first 60 days of arriving at my next duty station so that I can hopefully get it within 2 years before my next PCS. Hope that bit of info helps someone.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 6:57:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Bloencustoms:

That's what they told me last time I called. Check was cashed June 11 2018. I asked if I could speak to my examiner and they said it hadn't been assigned to one yet.
View Quote
I’m exactly 1 month before you. F4 Trust, all they say is pending. I’ll probably call next week
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 66
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top