Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 27
Posted: 1/22/2018 2:38:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon]
EVERYONE WHO HAS PENDING NFA TRANSFERS, CALL AND GET A STATUS. IF THEY SAY FBI BACKGROUND IS THE WAIT, YOU HAVE A PROBLEM!!!

I work at a class 3 dealer and we just ran into a problem a few weeks back with the NFA and FBI delaying background checks on transfers. This one was mailed in. Our customer has had a Form 4 pending since Aug. 2016, the NFA says they are waiting on the FBI to do a background check. They refuse to tell us any details because we are not allowed to speak for the customer. Seems kind of a convenient way to tell him BS that wouldn't pass off on a shop. We'll after he when back and forth with the FBI, they finally told him it's the ATF's problem, handle it with them. A supervisor at the NFA (They seems to never give names, no responsibility taken), he was told they didn't even have a submission and he need to redo the whole process from the start. Well calling the standard NFA line, we confirmed this was also BS because they still had him pending as of Aug. 2016. We contacted our district US representative and got the information to "file a complaint". We'll the customer opted not to do this and just (re)submit.

We'll we just had another customer call and get the same response. This one was submitted through Silencer Shop electronic submission. Oh boy, here we go again. 2 forms pending as of April 2017, FBI delay, blah blah blah. I can tell everyone trying to handle this with either of the two agencies will yield nothing but frustration and lost time. Contact your US rep from your district, we have an A+ NRA rated guy, so we are lucky in having him. But don't waste time trying to get those two pack of morons to figure it out.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 3:29:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:
Unfortunately this isn't any insight. This theory has been thrown here and debunked with plenty of experiences. Many of us here (including me) didn't file, just did individual, and are still in the same situation as you personally are (I mean you, not your trust). The fact that it was your wife that was delayed and not you doesn't really mean anything. The only thing that it means (which we already know) is that doing anything NFA as a trust right now is risky because you're increasing your chances of BGC hell with every person that's additional on the trust.

It still doesn't explain why the individuals themselves are getting delays.

But of course if you believe this Effenpig dude then everyone always gets a delay no matter what lololol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ChandlerKJ:
So I have a bit of insight into this 'pending FBI background check' thing.

As I stated earlier, I have greater than 10 NFA items. I have always received an instant 'Proceed' on probably, I'd guess, 150+ 4473s.

I currently have (3) NFA items I am waiting on:

(1) Surefire RC2 submitted NOV17

(2) Dead Air cans submitted FEB18

All of them have been PBGC since I can remember. I have been calling relentlessly and emailing and last week emailed my Representative but never got a response. On Friday I called again to check and low and behold the (2) Dead Air cans were approved October 1st but the Surefire can from November 2017 was still PBGC??? I asked to be transferred to the examiner and he actually answered the phone. We spoke for a good ten minutes on what was going on. I asked him what 'pending FBI BGC' means and he told me it is a delay. It gets delayed for some reason and gets put in another category for further review. I asked him how I could have a delay after multiple NFA items and 150+ 4473s etc. and he said 'it's not you. It is the other entity on the submission.' I said the FFL? West Coast Armory? Are they having an issue? He said, 'No, the other person on your trust'. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhh shit! I get it!

So here it is at least for me. The other person on my trust is my wife. She has never purchased a firearm in her life or anything close to it. She got a delay. In fact, she has delayed all of my submissions. The reason this wasn't an issue ever before is because SHE WAS NEVER ON MY TRUST before 41P or F or whatever the change was when I had to add her. The examiner said someone has a similar name to hers or something or her maiden name or some shit like that.

Because my FEB18 submissions were approved and they were sent in after my NOV17 submission, the examiner said he'd speak with his supervisor and auto approve it based on the fact that I had two others just approved. Once the pending FBI BGC happens, it gets placed into another pile and they get out of order apparently or so he said.

Hope this helps. It honesty never even crossed my mind but it makes total sense now.

EDIT: The NOV17 submission was approved OCT 7th, 2018 as indicated by the examiner. Folks, talk to your examiner. They can make things happen. Just hound them.
Unfortunately this isn't any insight. This theory has been thrown here and debunked with plenty of experiences. Many of us here (including me) didn't file, just did individual, and are still in the same situation as you personally are (I mean you, not your trust). The fact that it was your wife that was delayed and not you doesn't really mean anything. The only thing that it means (which we already know) is that doing anything NFA as a trust right now is risky because you're increasing your chances of BGC hell with every person that's additional on the trust.

It still doesn't explain why the individuals themselves are getting delays.

But of course if you believe this Effenpig dude then everyone always gets a delay no matter what lololol
You are correct. I can only relay what my issue was. In all honesty, the only thing that helped get to the point of an answer and approval that week was relentless hounding and calling my representative.

Since my issues were with a trust it certainly doesn’t help answer any questions that someone might have if filing as an individual.

The examiner did say, and I may have misinterpreted, that the pending fbi Bgc means there is a problem and/or delay.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 4:04:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Just called again, s/w Brittany. All of mine are still pending BGC. I asked if she could tell me on what date they went into that status and she said she couldn't. I was again transferred to examiner Beth Palmer's voicemail and left my 4th message in about the last 5 weeks. All of my previous calls have gone unreturned, so I expect the same for this one. I did just send off the privacy waiver I received from my congressman's office along with a synopsis of the situation. I did appeal to his "A" rating from the NRA and reminded him that I am a Life Member. I'm hoping they can do something to unfuck this situation.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 9:54:02 PM EDT
[#3]

View Quote
So, are you retarded or is it just poor reading comprehension?

Genuinely curious
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 6:08:01 PM EDT
[#4]
There is a light at the end of the tunnel, I called in to get my status yesterday(had bee about a month since I did it last) and was surprised to hear I was APPROVED without having to contact my representative.  311 days from check cashed to form approved.  Now to find a spare afternoon to drive an hour and pick up my Q Erector
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 7:15:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By jnsey:
There is a light at the end of the tunnel, I called in to get my status yesterday(had bee about a month since I did it last) and was surprised to hear I was APPROVED without having to contact my representative.  311 days from check cashed to form approved.  Now to find a spare afternoon to drive an hour and pick up my Q Erector
View Quote
What date was your check cashed?
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 8:16:55 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote
yeah seeing some of the older F4 getting approved in the past few days. Wonder if they stopped processing the April+ F4s and focusing on the 2017 stragglers and early 2018.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 8:24:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By OilfieldTrash78:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By OilfieldTrash78:
He posted a few pages back Check cash date of 11/17/17.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 9:45:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Commando223:

View Quote
Correct 11/17/17
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 9:53:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Correct 11/17/17
View All Quotes

Correct 11/17/17
Mine was mid December guess I still have a month to go maybe.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 10:19:08 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote
lol.

Aug 2017 here, and nada.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 11:08:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By swampvol:
lol.

Aug 2017 here, and nada.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By swampvol:

lol.

Aug 2017 here, and nada.
That's not good. I know mine and some others from October/November came back recently
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 10:49:35 AM EDT
[#12]
I received a response from my congresscritter's office this morning. Below is the response from the ATF:

"When our NFA branch began processing, the background check was submitted to FBI in June and July, respectively, for the forms your boss's constituent identifies.  While he is correct that it is the same process of the NICS check, all items that are flagged  even if benign, like a mistaken number  have to be checked.  Furthermore, and perhaps more importantly, the check for us is not subject to the 3 day check requirement licensed dealers enjoy under the law.  Thus, there is about a three month lag time on the background checks with FBI, and the report that the constituent received about 3 weeks ago  that the submission is pending an FBI background check  is still the case."

So...nothing. I have a unique name, I am the only one with my name AFAIK. Anyone with my last name is a relative. So I don't think it's a case of mistaken identity. I have no idea what could have been flagged as I've never had a NICS delay.

FATF
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 11:57:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By RLunyATL:
I received a response from my congresscritter's office this morning. Below is the response from the ATF:

"When our NFA branch began processing, the background check was submitted to FBI in June and July, respectively, for the forms your boss's constituent identifies.  While he is correct that it is the same process of the NICS check, all items that are flagged  even if benign, like a mistaken number  have to be checked.  Furthermore, and perhaps more importantly, the check for us is not subject to the 3 day check requirement licensed dealers enjoy under the law.  Thus, there is about a three month lag time on the background checks with FBI, and the report that the constituent received about 3 weeks ago  that the submission is pending an FBI background check  is still the case."

So...nothing. I have a unique name, I am the only one with my name AFAIK. Anyone with my last name is a relative. So I don't think it's a case of mistaken identity. I have no idea what could have been flagged as I've never had a NICS delay.

FATF
View Quote
It sounds like your congressman's office contacted the ATF. I don't think many people have had any luck with that, they're really not going to be able to tell them anything that you can't find out on your own (as you discovered). The key is to have them contacting the FBI, not the ATF. Once the ATF sends the BGC in they wash their hands of it, so what they're telling them is essentially correct, if not frustrating.

The real problem is why the FBI is taking 3 months (or more like 6-7 in most of these cases) to conduct a background check that *should* be done instantly electronically, and one that if done manually they have proven they can do in under 72 hours (for gun shops). *This* is the crux of the issue and the one I'd be asking your congressman's office to look in to. "Why has my constituant been waiting 6 months for a BGC that should be done instantly, has been done instantly for him since this was submitted, etc…" It's an "unreasonable" amount of time, could even throw the word unconstitutional in there, etc…

As frustrated as we all are, I don't think the ATF has really been the problem, other than them just generally being unmotivated to look into it themselves and get it fixed up the chain. 95% of the problem is with the FBI - and why an unreasonable amount of people are getting delays (unless you believe that 'everyone gets a delay guy') and why when there are delays, can they process a gun shop delay in less than 72 hours but can't process a NFA delay in less than 7 months.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 5:54:16 PM EDT
[#14]

It sounds like your congressman's office contacted the ATF. I don't think many people have had any luck with that, they're really not going to be able to tell them anything that you can't find out on your own (as you discovered). The key is to have them contacting the FBI, not the ATF. Once the ATF sends the BGC in they wash their hands of it, so what they're telling them is essentially correct, if not frustrating.

The real problem is why the FBI is taking 3 months (or more like 6-7 in most of these cases) to conduct a background check that *should* be done instantly electronically, and one that if done manually they have proven they can do in under 72 hours (for gun shops). *This* is the crux of the issue and the one I'd be asking your congressman's office to look in to. "Why has my constituant been waiting 6 months for a BGC that should be done instantly, has been done instantly for him since this was submitted, etc" It's an "unreasonable" amount of time, could even throw the word unconstitutional in there, etc

As frustrated as we all are, I don't think the ATF has really been the problem, other than them just generally being unmotivated to look into it themselves and get it fixed up the chain. 95% of the problem is with the FBI - and why an unreasonable amount of people are getting delays (unless you believe that 'everyone gets a delay guy') and why when there are delays, can they process a gun shop delay in less than 72 hours but can't process a NFA delay in less than 7 months.
View Quote
Perhaps I wasn't clear enough about what the issue was when I sent the complaint to my congresscritter's office. I replied to his email this afternoon and paraphrased part of your above post. Just got a reply back that he would inquire with the FBI.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 2:48:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RLunyATL] [#15]
Good news gents, having your congress critter's office contact the FBI apparently lights a fire under their asses. Below is the response my congress critter got from the FBI today:

"The NICS Section reviewed Mr. RLunyATL's request.  Based on his name and descriptive data, a background check regarding a NFA check was finalized by the NICS Section on October 23, 2018.  However, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) enforces firearm laws and conducts firearm background checks required for specific regulated firearms pursuant to the National Firearms Act.  Therefore, Mr. RLunyATL must continue to contact the ATF at the following address for more information regarding eligibility to transfer or receive a regulated firearm:

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

National Firearms Branch

244 Needy Road

Martinsburg, WV  25405

(304) 616-4500

Mr. RLunyATL is encouraged to contact the ATF and indicate to that office, a NICS background check containing the name RLunyATL was completed on October 23, 2018.  Then request an update from their office regarding his NFA check. "

Funny, my shit has been sitting there for months, but they just happen to conduct my background check the day after my congressman's office contacts them. This is my surprised face. My rep's office said he is reaching out to his liaison at the ATF for an update based on the above info, so I'll give it a couple days before I call them.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 7:22:07 PM EDT
[#16]

Good news gents, having your congress critter's office contact the FBI apparently lights a fire under their asses. Below is the response my congress critter got from the FBI today:

"The NICS Section reviewed Mr. RLunyATL's request.  Based on his name and descriptive data, a background check regarding a NFA check was finalized by the NICS Section on October 23, 2018.  However, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) enforces firearm laws and conducts firearm background checks required for specific regulated firearms pursuant to the National Firearms Act.  Therefore, Mr. RLunyATL must continue to contact the ATF at the following address for more information regarding eligibility to transfer or receive a regulated firearm:

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

National Firearms Branch

244 Needy Road

Martinsburg, WV  25405

(304) 616-4500

Mr. RLunyATL is encouraged to contact the ATF and indicate to that office, a NICS background check containing the name RLunyATL was completed on October 23, 2018.  Then request an update from their office regarding his NFA check. "

Funny, my shit has been sitting there for months, but they just happen to conduct my background check the day after my congressman's office contacts them. This is my surprised face. My rep's office said he is reaching out to his liaison at the ATF for an update based on the above info, so I'll give it a couple days before I call them.
View Quote
Hopefully more and more people do this and maybe this issue will eventually go away.

C'mon,  it could happen
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 7:56:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Effenpig:

Hopefully more and more people do this and maybe this issue will eventually go away.

C'mon,  it could happen
View Quote
Not sure if serious or condescending

Either way, based on this thread it's not a unique experience. If you have a pro-2A congresscritter or senator, contact them. Check their NRA rating. If they fail to offer assistance let the NRA know. If you're represented by commies masquerading as democrats, you may not get the same outcome.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 8:09:56 PM EDT
[#18]

Either way, based on this thread it's not a unique experience. If you have a pro-2A congresscritter or senator, contact them. Check their NRA rating. If they fail to offer assistance let the NRA know. If you're represented by commies masquerading as democrats, you may not get the same outcome.
View Quote
My congresscritter is a Dem, but I may still try it if I don’t hear anything by the end of the year.
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 8:03:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Effenpig] [#19]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Effenpig:

C'mon,  it could happen

Didn't seem that ambiguous to me. The more people that do this the more attention the issue will get. Maybe the ATF/FBI will get the hint eventually and stop dicking around, though I'm not overly hopeful they'll ever change their ways

At the very least some of the congressman and senators will become aware of the issue and have a protocol in place for getting it dealt with when they are contacted
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 10:54:12 PM EDT
[#20]
I am getting a little nervous here. i am seeing lots of approvals in another thread of people with my check cashed date and later.

My check cashed date is 3/18/18 - 220 days and counting.

I called today and spoke with a Melissa. I was told they were waiting for it to get back from the FBI.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 10:28:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: leib109] [#21]
Originally Posted By aeroworksxp:
I am getting a little nervous here. i am seeing lots of approvals in another thread of people with my check cashed date and later.

My check cashed date is 3/18/18 - 220 days and counting.

I called today and spoke with a Melissa. I was told they were waiting for it to get back from the FBI.
View Quote
I just called with my check cashed date of 4/2, and now I’m in BGC hell too. FATF

I would call my congressman, but it’s none other than Beta O’Rourke, so that isn’t going to be helpful at all. In fact, it may be counterproductive since, according to Beta, “weapons of war” don’t belong on our streets.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 10:37:59 AM EDT
[#22]
I have been waiting for a Pending FBI background check for over 8 months now.  Today I contacted my senator Todd Young's office. Wonder if he can be some help.

Chuck
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 10:43:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By leib109:

I just called with my check cashed date of 4/2, and now I'm in BGC hell too. FATF

I would call my congressman, but it's none other than Beta O'Rourke, so that isn't going to be helpful at all. In fact, it may be counterproductive since, according to Beta, "weapons of war" don't belong on our streets.
View Quote
Fuck him, contact your senators instead.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 11:59:12 AM EDT
[#24]
I've been waiting since December 22nd I've been calling every Tuesday since August always the same response "we're just waiting on the FBI background check".
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 1:43:49 PM EDT
[#25]

I just called with my check cashed date of 4/2, and now I’m in BGC hell too. FATF

I would call my congressman, but it’s none other than Beta O’Rourke, so that isn’t going to be helpful at all. In fact, it may be counterproductive since, according to Beta, “weapons of war” don’t belong on our streets.
View Quote
FATF? It’s literally not them holding up your BGC.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 4:03:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By vellnueve:

FATF? It’s literally not them holding up your BGC.
View Quote
Who cares, FATF anyway.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 9:09:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Also, for those who have contacted your reps, have you done so by phone or email?
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 10:00:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Any one the correct phone number needed? I can't seem to find one that isn't for crime related calls. I have 2 stamps in the process. One for a Sandman S check cashed 5/7/2018 and a SBR check cashed 4/22/2018. All submitted the same day. I have everything through SilencerShop as a trust and all it says is check cashed. These are my first stamps. So be gentle
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 10:09:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RLunyATL] [#29]
Also, for those who have contacted your reps, have you done so by phone or email?
View Quote
Email, I wanted a paper trail
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 10:11:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RLunyATL] [#30]
Originally Posted By ARegularGuy2424:
Any one the correct phone number needed? I can't seem to find one that isn't for crime related calls. I have 2 stamps in the process. One for a Sandman S check cashed 5/7/2018 and a SBR check cashed 4/22/2018. All submitted the same day. I have everything through SilencerShop as a trust and all it says is check cashed. These are my first stamps. So be gentle
View Quote
(304) 616-4500, NFA Branch, have your serial numbers handy when you call as well as the name of the transferor
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 10:26:40 AM EDT
[#31]

(301) 616-4500, NFA Branch, have your serial numbers handy when you call as well as the name of the transferor
View Quote
Thank you
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 11:13:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Hasn’t been an approval post in a few days :(
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 11:35:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By dragpo:
Hasn’t been an approval post in a few days :(
View Quote
In this thread no. The others seem to be getting active again. March and April seems to be what they are working on.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 11:36:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Hasn't been an approval post in a few days :(
View Quote
I was told by the FBI via my congressman that they completed my BGC on 10/23. I'll be calling the NFA branch shortly to see what the fuck is up.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 11:40:31 AM EDT
[#35]

I was told by the FBI via my congressman that they completed my BGC on 10/23. I'll be calling the NFA branch shortly to see what the fuck is up.
View Quote
How long were you in the pending FBI BGC?
Trust or Individual?

I am sure you have said above somewhere haven't been following the thread super close.

I have a friend here in GA like us that I think maybe stuck in PBGC. Told him to read up on your post.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 11:48:10 AM EDT
[#36]
I follow reddit, that’s where I’ve seen any this week
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 12:14:41 PM EDT
[#37]
I called and the lady who answered the phone clearly loves her job. Any way they said I was pending on both of my stamps. One check cashed 4/22/18 for sbr and one check cashed 5/7/18. She said about a 7 month turnaround. So maybe in a month my KAC CQB will be home.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 12:29:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By swampfoxoutdoors:

How long were you in the pending FBI BGC?
Trust or Individual?

I am sure you have said above somewhere haven't been following the thread super close.

I have a friend here in GA like us that I think maybe stuck in PBGC. Told him to read up on your post.
View Quote
Total of 4 forms, all filed as individual. The first 2 hit BGC in May, the last 2 sometime in late June.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 12:39:17 PM EDT
[#39]
I called and the lady who answered the phone clearly loves her job. Any way they said I was pending on both of my stamps. One check cashed 4/22/18 for sbr and one check cashed 5/7/18. She said about a 7 month turnaround. So maybe in a month my KAC CQB will be home.
View Quote
She said they were "pending"? or they were "pending FBI background check"? two different things
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 12:45:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigbore] [#40]
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 1:49:01 PM EDT
[#41]

She said they were "pending"? or they were "pending FBI background check"? two different things
View Quote
She said that they where pending. That's all she said
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 1:54:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Sent this letter to Senator Cornyn’s office:

To Senator Cornyn’s Casework Department,

Thank you for taking the time to assist me with this matter. I am a constituent who is a Trustee of the XXXXXXX (the Trust), which submitted a Form 4 via the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (BATF) to acquire a Silencerco Omega 300 rifle silencer (serial number XXXXX, BATF control number XXXXXX). The Trust purchased the silencer and sent the required Form 4 to the BATF via SilencerShop located in Austin, Texas, and the silencer is to be transferred to the Trust via XXXXXX located in XXXXXX, Texas. The purchase occurred on February 20, 2018, and the $200 check for the National Firearms Act (NFA) tax stamp was cashed by the BATF on April 2, 2018.

Since that time, I have learned that the Trust’s Form 4 submission has been delayed by a pending FBI background check, which is required as a part of the legal transfer of weapons falling under the purview of the NFA. Others who have experienced this issue have noted that it creates months of additional delay to the wait periods associated with approvals on NFA transfers, which typically take six to seven months or more at this time without a pending FBI background check. This stands in stark contrast to the wait period from only three or four years ago, which was approximately three to four months for approvals, and the issue concerning the pending FBI background checks seems to have only arisen in the last year-and-a-half or so. The additional delay caused by a pending FBI background check—especially when both members of the Trust, including myself, have already undergone an FBI background check to acquire valid Licenses to Carry a Firearm in Texas—seems unnecessarily onerous, especially considering the long wait times associated with NFA transfers without pending FBI background checks.

As such, I as a constituent am writing to request any assistance the Senator’s office can provide in expediting the process not only for myself, but for others who are experiencing similar issues. I note that the Senator has an A+ rating from the National Rifle Association, and I trust that his office will be willing to provide assistance on this matter.

Please do not hesitate to contact me by phone or email for any additional information or assistance necessary to resolve this issue.

Respectfully,

XXXXXX, Trustee of the XXXXXX Trust
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 1:57:05 PM EDT
[#43]
View All Quotes
Hasn't been an approval post in a few days :(
called and s/w Melissa who answered (what a cunt), she transferred me to a supervisor named Jessica Hayes because my examiner is out of the office. Jessica said they only get updates from the FBI on completed background checks once a week, so had I not called they wouldn't have known until Monday. She took all my SN's and confirmed the bgc was completed, said she would pull all of the forms today and approve. Now I just wait for the stamps to show up at Quiet Riot.

In hindsight, I should have contacted my congressman a few months ago.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 2:01:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RLunyATL] [#44]
View All Quotes

Once the check is cashed, they are "pending" until they get sent for the background check, at which point they are "pending FBI BGC". For my forms with a check cashed date of 12/16/2017, they didn't even hit "pending FBI BGC" until May, and the ones with a check cashed date of 02/06/2018, they didn't hit BGC until late June. If I were you, I'd call every week and check status. Once they hit "pending FBI BGC", give it a month. If they are still pending, I would contact your congressman, assuming they are pro-2A. Be the squeaky wheel. As mentioned above, maybe they'll get sick of being contacted by congressional offices. Then again, maybe they just DGAF.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 2:57:07 PM EDT
[#45]

Once the check is cashed, they are "pending" until they get sent for the background check, at which point they are "pending FBI BGC". For my forms with a check cashed date of 12/16/2017, they didn't even hit "pending FBI BGC" until May, and the ones with a check cashed date of 02/06/2018, they didn't hit BGC until late June. If I were you, I'd call every week and check status. Once they hit "pending FBI BGC", give it a month. If they are still pending, I would contact your congressman, assuming they are pro-2A. Be the squeaky wheel. As mentioned above, maybe they'll get sick of being contacted by congressional offices. Then again, maybe they just DGAF.
View Quote
Thank you. I just called again and verified. They said pending and we are before the background check. I will call every week. This is so ridiculous it takes this long.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 3:09:13 PM EDT
[#46]

called and s/w Melissa who answered (what a cunt), she transferred me to a supervisor named Jessica Hayes because my examiner is out of the office. Jessica said they only get updates from the FBI on completed background checks once a week, so had I not called they wouldn't have known until Monday. She took all my SN's and confirmed the bgc was completed, said she would pull all of the forms today and approve. Now I just wait for the stamps to show up at Quiet Riot.

In hindsight, I should have contacted my congressman a few months ago.
View Quote
I was told every Tuesday is when they get the update on FBI BGC status.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 8:27:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By bigbore:
I have 2 customers pending FBI background check since 09/2017.   I keep calling and emailing them(ATF), as between the 2 they have 11 items I'd love to get out of my responsibility.

Standard email response:

Good Morning,

The application for ______   ______, SN XXXXX, is still in delayed status. Once we get a final determination from the FBI on his background check, I can proceed with reviewing his application. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
View Quote

never forget.

Im considering dropping another form 1 while the current form 1 is in bgc hell to see if I can use one clearing for the other.  The current background check is from march 2018.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 8:29:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Effenpig] [#48]
View Quote
Then nothing in this thread has anything to do with you

Honestly, someone should edit the thread title
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 10:33:59 PM EDT
[#49]
It's been a while since I've checked in on this thread, after receiving my last SBR stamp after waiting 10 months or so.

It's now been six months since I submitted a F1 for another SBR and a F4 for a suppressor.

Are we still at extreme wait times > 6 months?
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 10:46:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By JustinHEMI04:

It's been a while since I've checked in on this thread, after receiving my last SBR stamp after waiting 10 months or so.

It's now been six months since I submitted a F1 for another SBR and a F4 for a suppressor.

Are we still at extreme wait times > 6 months?
View Quote
5 posts above yours
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 27
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top