Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2021 4:39:00 PM EDT
I have an idea bouncing around in the back of my head for an odd muzzleloader.    I'm thinking about around 32 caliber.   Would that need .320?   310 round ball plus patch?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:02:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Not really sure what you're asking, but goggled "32 caliber round balls" and they are .315.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:10:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you going to patch it?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:11:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not really sure what you're asking, but goggled "32 caliber round balls" and they are .315.
View Quote

I got a small lathe.  I'm thinking about things I can make on it.   I had a warped idea that involves a small muzzleloader which would probably end up being smoothbore since I don't have rifling capability at this point.     My thought was to make a 32 caliber muzzleloader and am thinking about what size it needs to be.    Picture a baseball bat shortened a lot (about 7" total) made out of stainless steel w/ a 32 caliber hole in the end.   I'm thinking treat it like a cannon w/ a fuse.   I've got a piece of 2" x 7" stainless steel to make it out of.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:14:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you going to patch it?
View Quote
That was my thought, but while I've shot a fair amount of muzzleloaders over the years they were all rifled.   Right now it's just an idea w/ a chunk of stainless steel waiting for a design or complete idea.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top