Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2008 10:17:09 PM EDT
Any good? I held one at the Sidney nebraska cabels, fell in love with it. IMO, it's the most beutiful ML I've ever seen. Are they good though?
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:50:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Plenty good.  The 1:48 twist is more of a compromise twist though, it's not perfect for round ball, and it's not perfect for conicals or sabots.  It will do everything well, but nothing excellent.  IMHO, if you're wanting a round ball gun, 1:60 or slower twist is best.  Conical or sabot guns should run 1:28.  

See if you can get your hands on a Lyman Great Plains Rifle.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 10:45:49 AM EDT
[#2]
OK, I see what you are talking about. I found a Traditions KenTucky at Sportsmans guide for $269 and has 1/66" twist (I only shoot balls) does this sound any good?
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 3:14:56 PM EDT
[#3]
It sounds excellent.  The one thing I would recommend doing is changing out the vent liner to a "White Lightning" liner.  It's an awesome addition.  Note, you will only need to do this if your vent liner is slotted to accept a screwdriver.  If it's got a hole for an allen key, you're already ahead of the game.

If you've got any more questions, post them up here and I, or someone else, will try to help ASAP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top