Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2021 6:13:30 PM EDT
Pulled some bayonets and some rifles out for a wipe down figure I'd share the bayonets.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 6:46:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 9:17:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Ever since I started seriously collecting milsurps they don't feel complete without getting at least a reproduction bayonet. Not to mention the shocked looks on peoples faces when I tell them that "technically" my 100+ year old gun is a "assault weapon" because of the bayonet mount. Currently looking for a Seitengewehr 98 the big 20 inch "Butcher's Blade" bayonet for my new Gewher 98.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 9:49:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ever since I started seriously collecting milsurps they don't feel complete without getting at least a reproduction bayonet. Not to mention the shocked looks on peoples faces when I tell them that "technically" my 100+ year old gun is a "assault weapon" because of the bayonet mount. Currently looking for a Seitengewehr 98 the big 20 inch "Butcher's Blade" bayonet for my new Gewher 98.
View Quote

If it takes a bayonet it gets one as well as a sling and frog.
I've paid more for some of the bayonets than the rifles.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 10:13:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If it takes a bayonet it gets one as well as a sling and frog.
I've paid more for some of the bayonets than the rifles.
View Quote

I can imagine, with bayonets you aren't just dealing with the US collectors market but the wider world market since even in anti-gun countries they usually allow people to collect the bayonet at least. That's why I'm am a bit more willing to accept a good reproduction blade instead of absolutely getting authentic blades, I could bankrupt a small country trying to chase those.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top