Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2018 3:56:32 PM EDT
Been away from this forum for a little while, had gotten back into surplus rifles last year but then my wife and I found out she was pregnant, couple that with multiple other unexpected expenses forced me to sell much of my collection minus a few items I refused to sell which included my Garand, Savage Enfield, Italian Carcano M91, and a Chinese T53 I had gotten from Omega

Gone were my 1943 M44, M38, x2 1944 M44s, several 91/30s, Japanese Arisaka,x2 Turk Mausers, and GEW 88. But on the plus side I got a son who I can mold into another collector of surplus guns

Finally got caught up on everything, and have started browsing Armslist again to try to rebuild the collection. Lucked out when I got rid of my Gew 88 cause received in a Izhevsk 1941 M91/30 as partial trade. Saw a particular M91/30 that I couldn't believe what I was seeing

A 1936 Izhevsk round receiver that had the flaming bomb MP8, the hangers, and the USSR mark. Immediately sent an email, traded off a Beretta 92S I had got on a whim and can easily replace cause Sovereign Guns is right down the road from me. Seller knew he had a M91/30 wasn't until someone told him it was a SCW that he went up $100 cause it was originally listed at $200.

Drove 45 minutes to get it, no numbers match, and bore is filfthy but glad to have it

Missing the front sight blade and the stock cross bolt retainer. Also has a slight crack in top handguard which is Spanish style

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 4:59:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice fine, I picked up a Finn M91/30 yesterday in a Finn stock and with stacked Finn front sights.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 7:00:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice fine, I picked up a Finn M91/30 yesterday in a Finn stock and with stacked Finn front sights.
View Quote
A Finn is another I would like to eventually add. I had a Finn M24 at one time, but it was sold in a moment of stupidity.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 10:59:04 PM EDT
[#3]
OP, there is a very inexpensive book out there called Arms for Spain.  It goes into great but entertaining detail of what Stalin sold to the Spanish commies and how he screwed them over many times.

One of the reasons the Spanish claim everything on the ocean floor is because Stalin sucked every bit of gold and silver from the Spanish when he sold them overpriced and often very obsolete armaments.  Spain be broke and shit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top