Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2012 7:32:57 PM EDT
I was at the local gun store picking something up and saw a K31 for 225.  I asked if he would deal and he said that he'd eat the tax and that was it.  I told him I'd think about it.

The wood looked like it had seen better days, but the action and barrel looked good.  Should I get it?  I've been playing with the idea of getting a K31 for years.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:41:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Wideners wants 295 with bayonet, so I say that price out the door is ok.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:20:44 AM EDT
[#2]
These days $200 from an online dealer is a good deal, so $225 in store is a great deal because your not paying shipping and transfer fees.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:48:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
These days $200 from an online dealer is a good deal, so $225 in store is a great deal because your not paying shipping and transfer fees.

I would agree with this, but remember you get what you pay for and that is why it looks like it has seen better days.

Not that it won't out last your life span, but you need to decide if you want an excellent example or a poor example and how much you are willing to pay....
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:00:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I think the day of sub $200 K's is long gone.  $225 otd is fair with the metal is nice.  The Swiss rifle forum has several pages on stock refinishing.

Most K's have the beaver chewed butt stocks.  The cause is from kicking the butt free from snow and ice when stacked.  Those guys wore steel spikes.

Early K's should wear Walnut with blo and later K's wear Beech with shellac.  All seem to be great shooters, I've worked on a few for guys that bought one somebody fucked with.  You can get small parts from GRAF.

The trigger design is excellent.

Swiss Products make great accessories for the K.

Butt pad adapter

Brake

Clamp on scope mount

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:04:10 PM EDT
[#5]
https://www.simpsonltd.com/specials.php

Bottom of the page, on sale for $250 + S&H, says grade 1 condition. I've looked at a few other places online & that is the cheapest I've seen. $225 OTD doesn't sound too bad even if the stock is a bit beat up.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 10:23:30 AM EDT
[#6]
The stocks are ALL beat up.  Well, most of them anyway.  Mine is in pretty good shape, but I've seen some that were absolutely hammered.  If the metal is in good shape, and it's all mechanically in good condition (bore, crown, locking sleeve, cocking handle where it goes into the sleeve, etc.) $225 is a pretty good price.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top