Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2011 12:53:31 PM EDT
I'm selling off all my 762x54r ammo, and need help with a few prices on some (these days) stuff I can't find.  This thread is for info, not an ad.  I will make an ad in the EE after I get a better grasp on what I have.  I'll have to add shipping, so don't figure that in.

7N1 (?) Russian Sniper ammo...I have 220 rounds, most in paper wrap.  I have not seen this in a long time.

880 rounds Hungarian, one sealed tin, one open tin but 420 rounds still in the wrap:

1 sealed case (880 rounds?  Case only has the # 800 on it) Mystery ammo.  See pics:

I also have some (1 box/20) Norma 180 grain soft points...

Thanks for the hand!
Link Posted: 4/17/2011 1:00:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/17/2011 1:08:00 PM EDT
[#2]
That's about what I figured for my Russian ammo, but I have seen conflicting posts on the Hungarian, and the Russian 7N1 has always been rare.

I figure the "mystery"" sealed case MAY be Hungarian or Czech, but I have not seen it packaged that way before...
Link Posted: 4/17/2011 1:13:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
That's about what I figured for my Russian ammo, but I have seen conflicting posts on the Hungarian, and the Russian 7N1 has always been rare.

I figure the "mystery"" sealed case MAY be Hungarian or Czech, but I have not seen it packaged that way before...

I believe the sealed galvanized box in the wood case is Chzech.  Looks like some I bought about four years ago.  The ammo is in 20 rd cardboard boxes.
Link Posted: 4/17/2011 1:19:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Is it 800 or 880 rounds in there?  I'm assuming it's 800, just want a second or third witness w/out opening the seals.
Link Posted: 4/17/2011 1:23:37 PM EDT
[#5]
That sealed case is czech, and it is very good ammo.  I use it in my PU sniper clone, and it runs great
Link Posted: 4/17/2011 6:07:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe the sealed galvanized box in the wood case is Chzech.  Looks like some I bought about four years ago.  The ammo is in 20 rd cardboard boxes.

The boxes are a minty green and there is 800 rounds in the crate. It is Czec.

Link Posted: 4/17/2011 6:10:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That sealed case is czech, and it is very good ammo.  I use it in my PU sniper clone, and it runs great

I have that same case, it is Czech.
Link Posted: 4/17/2011 6:26:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have that same case, it is Czech.

Me too, those wooden cases are the dead give away
Link Posted: 4/17/2011 8:24:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Great, that helps me out on the Czech!  See, I knew what I was doing, even though I have become a bit forgetful as I moved on in years!
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 3:30:42 PM EDT
[#10]
FWIW, I looked back through my receipts and I paid $0.34 a round for Russian 7N1 back in Aug of 2008 from Outdoor Marksman.

Edit: Who knows what it is going for nowadays.  Two cases of it are up on Gunbroker, and range from a bit more than I paid (at least that is what the current bid is) to $0.68 a round shipped:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=226635305
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=226931725
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 12:34:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm going to guess that most of that stuff would go for ~$.20 a round, not including the 7N1.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 6:54:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for all the help.  A local guy here bought it all, I sold it for around .10/round averaged out.  I figure I broke even after looking at all my old receipts.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:05:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Thanks for all the help.  A local guy here bought it all, I sold it for around .10/round averaged out.  I figure I broke even after looking at all my old receipts.

Should of put the 7n1 on EE, and the other stuff for local pick up  and gotten way more.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:54:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeah, bu the buyer also picked up my old M39 that wasn't going anywhere, so I was able to get rid of it all with no shipping...so I was happy to not have to ship a rifle and some ammo.  Normally I would split up stuff like that, though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top