Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2007 3:31:42 PM EDT
so i just picked one up in a trade today. and i'm hooked (i have a soft spot for C&R bolt guns)... and after 20 rounds thru it of South African 308. i realised it was a very accurate shooter. so I got to thinking.... anyway does anyone know where i might could pick  up some spare mags for it (will the 303 SMLE mags work also?), or where i could get a scope mount or a scope for it that maybe kind of like the PU (as in made just for the Lee-enfield).....

thank
Levi
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:39:53 PM EDT
[#1]
The no-gunsmithing mounts may or may not fit your rifle.  You will need to get a specific mag for your rifle.  A .303 mag will NOT work correctly.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
so i just picked one up in a trade today. and i'm hooked (i have a soft spot for C&R bolt guns)... and after 20 rounds thru it of South African 308. i realised it was a very accurate shooter. so I got to thinking.... anyway does anyone know where i might could pick  up some spare mags for it (will the 303 SMLE mags work also?), or where i could get a scope mount or a scope for it that maybe kind of like the PU (as in made just for the Lee-enfield).....

thank
Levi
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:57:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Numrich has aftermarket mags.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 4:03:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Hoosier Gun Works has exc surplus magazines listed in stock for $45.

http://www.hoosiergunworks.com/catalog/magazine_mil_rifle.html
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 1:06:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I have used the replacement mags from Numrich, but the originals are the best (and hold 12 rounds vs 9).

I use a "One Hot Mount"...best thing I've seen so far.

www.surplusrifle.com/reviews/onehotscopemount/index.asp
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 4:30:16 PM EDT
[#5]
That looks like a real pain to install... and not all of us own torches.

Any quality clamp-on mounts?
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 6:09:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't worry about extra mags, they were designed to stay in the rifle and loaded from the top.  Just get some .308 strippers and have fun.  I found my 2A's rear sight to suck, so I got a No1 Mk3 windage adjustable sight from Numrich and swapped it out.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 6:09:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't worry about extra mags, they were designed to stay in the rifle and loaded from the top.  Just get some .308 strippers and have fun.  I found my 2A's rear sight to suck, so I got a No1 Mk3 windage adjustable sight from Numrich and swapped it out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top