Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2007 4:03:18 PM EDT
I had someone at work give me one for my k31 I can find very little info on it I was wandering if anyone had any experience with one and what kind of scope you are using with it

also he lost the brass set screws does anyone know what size and thread they are
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 12:41:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I have been enjoying this one for about 3 years.

POI has never shifted. It toped with a Burris 2x pistol scope in Burris Zee rings.

JR
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 6:22:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I really like mine. Leupold FX II Scout scope 2.5X.

The screws are a standard size. Any decent hardware store should have them, if not in brass at least in steel. Just take the mount with you to get the size right.

If you email Darrell he'll tell you what size. Might even send you some.

Link Posted: 9/7/2007 5:46:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I tried one on a K31 and sold it. Now, I really like Darrell's mounts for Mosin Nagants. I have one on a 91/59 and one on a M39 and love them. I'm using a Weaver Classic 2-8x38 handgun scope on both. Very nice scope and handles the recoil just fine.

On the K31 though, I didn't like the scout mount. It sat too high and the long rifle just feels odd with the LER scope (although so does the M39).

I much prefer this scope mount at brownells, although it uses rimfire rings (3/8"). I'm using it with a Weaver T10 target. scope which I love.

also he lost the brass set screws does anyone know what size and thread they are
Email Darrel. He'll hook you up with some.
Link Posted: 9/7/2007 3:23:28 PM EDT
[#4]
i emaild darrel and a set of the screws will cost me 7 dollers
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 5:45:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I just bought one of these for my Mosin and did the straw sight in; however, the mount is really slanted forward. Is this normal?

I bought a fixed power Weaver pistol scope with Burris Zee ultra low rings to use with it. Any advice on setting this up properly would be appreciated.

Thanks  
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:20:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I've not noticed any forward slant.  I wouldn't worry about it if you have done the straw test correctly.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
I just bought one of these for my Mosin and did the straw sight in; however, the mount is really slanted forward. Is this normal?

I bought a fixed power Weaver pistol scope with Burris Zee ultra low rings to use with it. Any advice on setting this up properly would be appreciated.

Thanks  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top