User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2007 3:44:11 PM EDT
Thinking of ordering one of these Mauser kits in .45acp
linky
any input would be appreciated! thanks
Link Posted: 2/14/2007 5:16:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Not C&R.  Neat, tho.  Suppress it, and you'd have something like a DeLisle.
Link Posted: 2/14/2007 7:30:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/15/2007 4:42:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Matthew, I'm curious, What's a Delisle? Thanks

Quoted:
Link Posted: 2/15/2007 6:21:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thinking of ordering one of these Mauser kits in .45acp
linky
any input would be appreciated! thanks
     Yep, built one using a small ring mauser receiver. Shoots reasonably well at 50 yards. Only problem I had with it was the mauser's feed ramp was not compatable with the conversion, in which case I had to load the rounds one at a time. I dont know if this was a small ring issue or just my receiver. Any way I am working on a removable feed ramp to compensate for the problem. It is still a worthwhile project to go forward with.
Link Posted: 2/15/2007 7:38:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

New Production
Link Posted: 2/15/2007 7:51:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Built one on a Turk, (large ring, small thread) and put it in a carbolite stock.  Next step is a suppressor for it.

It is what it is, a .45acp carbine that uses 1911 magazines.
Link Posted: 2/15/2007 10:01:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Misfit, is it accurate at all? I want to build it for a camp gun. I have the base
rifle (m-48 with a bad barrel). was looking for a Marlin camp .45 but WOW!
the price is steep. only need it to be accurate to 50-75 yds.
thanks
Link Posted: 2/16/2007 3:59:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I want to get one of theses also look like fun
Link Posted: 2/16/2007 4:22:12 AM EDT
[#9]
My brother and I are in the process of converting a small ring (95) Mauser into a .45 Winchester Magnum.  We are also planning to shorten the action as well.  One thing that we may want to do, if it is legal after de-milling the receiver into four pieces, is to register it as an SBR.  A 14" carbine in .45 Winchester Mag, (will also shoot 45ACP since headspacing will actually be accomplished by the extractor) seems to be just about right.  If we have to, a 16 inch bbl on the shortened action would still be quite handy.

Dave.
Link Posted: 2/16/2007 4:52:23 AM EDT
[#10]
I built one several years ago when Rhineland first came out with them.  Love that little gun.  I used a M48 action, have had no problems with the feed ramp.  I modified their extractor so it fit inside the gun and bolt rather than around the outside. I set it up in a scout config, drilled an tapped the barrel for the scope mount and used a 2.5x8 leupy pistol scope.  Quite accurate with Winchester ammo, I've used it several times to hunt groundhogs out to 100 yards. I get 1/2 to 3/4" groups at 50 yards, depends on the ammo and my shooting abilities that day, but mostly stays around the 1/2" range.
At some point I want to build another on the Win mag.
Link Posted: 2/16/2007 10:38:02 AM EDT
[#11]
That is almost exactly what I wanna do.
I want a red dot sight to go on it.
I also want to re-do the "m-48" marking to "m-45"
Imagine the looks you would get at the renge if you stick
one of those cheap 50 rd drums on it!
Link Posted: 2/16/2007 2:41:20 PM EDT
[#12]
There is a pic of my first version on Rhinelands site under gunsmiths.  I have since changed the stock to a lightweight thumbhole and put the before mentioned pistol scope on it. I also jeweled the action and barrel for giggles.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 7:44:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Accuracy is good, not as good as my Rock River Wadcutter gun, but acceptable.  At least as accurate as a camp carbine.  

Started with a $39 Turk mauser with a cracked stock so for the money I'm happy with the results.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:12:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Nice rifle Dr06, I think I will build one, I have a Yugo M-48 with a trashed/rusted
barrel for the build. Just waiting on the firing pin I ordered.
I have a few interesting ideas about iron sights...
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:28:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The DeLisle was something the Brits cooked up in WWII.  Essentially a No 4 Lee Enfield chambered in 45 ACP with a suppressor on it.  Commando weapon.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top