Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2006 10:21:54 AM EDT
WTK What is a fair or the going price for a nice 03 or 03A3 rifle that appears to be all original?

Observed some at the show in York, PA today and they ranged from $575.00 to $700.00.

The one I really had my eye on was for $625.00 and it looked MINT.

Thanks for any help!
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 10:44:46 AM EDT
[#1]
That's probably right for a mint rifle. A crappy rifle with only 50% finish and cracked stock they'd be asking $350+

Surplus US Army rifles have been seeing a surge in values in the last couple of years.

Now that they aren't available through the DCM anymore prices will continue to rise.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 1:46:27 PM EDT
[#2]
All-original service-configuration rifles go $800 and up depending on year of manufacture and condition. $6-800 is going to get you an arsenal overhauled shooter.
For $625 is was probably one of the recent CMP releases. If the bore is good and it's not too beat up, it's a decent price.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:22:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Really NICE all matching 03s are going for gold around these parts!

900-1000 seems to be about the norm out here.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 4:33:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I had mine up for $650 and got no bites.  I'm probably going to keep it.  It's a hell of a shooter but not a collector rifle.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 4:38:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I had mine up for $650 and got no bites.  I'm probably going to keep it.  It's a hell of a shooter but not a collector rifle.

IIRC you were selling yours when the CMP still had some.  They're out now and it's doubtful they'll have any more.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 4:52:57 PM EDT
[#6]
They are priced in the 500's and 600's at the San Antonio gunshow.  They the same rifles are there month after month.  

The dealers know they will get the price eventually and they are in no hurry.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 4:54:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IIRC you were selling yours when the CMP still had some.  They're out now and it's doubtful they'll have any more.

No.  I had it up about a month ago.  CMP has been out of them for a year or longer.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 10:30:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I recently purchased a Springfield Armory M1903 in the high SN range (975XXX); it was arsenal rebuilt with almost all parts marked R for Remington, the barrel was stamped SA 1-38 with the flaming bomb and a Keystone stamped C Stock. I got it for $525.

Good parkerizing on it (85%) and the wood was sound, but a bit rough. The CMP usually gets small numbers of these rifles from time to time, not enough to post them on their website, but you can find one or two, depending on what comes up. The day I went, they had 4 M1903s, two with C Stocks (one sold in the morning and the one I bought) and two M1903s with Scant stocks; is always good for you to give them a call and see what they have in the store.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top