Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2006 4:13:12 PM EDT
Just received a Savage No4 and can't figure out how to remove the bolt.
I tried following the steps from www.surplusrifle.com but not sure when it states "Depress the bolt head catch" what they mean.
Is there supposed to be a small button there when the bolt is all the way back?
With the bolt all the way back, I am unable to rotate the bolt head. Not sure if it is just stuck or I am missing a step.

Any help would be great. (even some pictures)
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:20:25 PM EDT
[#1]
there is a piece you depress on the rail track
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:30:12 PM EDT
[#2]
That is what I thought based on reading info from Surplusrifle.com, but it does not appear as though my Savage came with one.

Do you have a picture of what this should look like?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:48:56 PM EDT
[#3]
The Savages are a little different.  Pull the bolt back about an inch and there is a slot on the right side reciever rail that will allow you to flip a tab on the bolt up and out.  Best I can describe it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:51:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The Savages are a little different.  Pull the bolt back about an inch and there is a slot on the right side reciever rail that will allow you to flip a tab on the bolt up and out.  Best I can describe it.

There is no "tab", but the rest of what he said is correct. Slide the bolt back from the closed position and then just lift the bolt head up slightly, then pull the bolt the rest of the way out.

The Savage is different from a regular No4.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top