Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2006 6:55:40 AM EDT
does anyone have any experience with the German K98s from Interordnance?
i am looking for a good condition bore, good markings, and nice stock.  would Interordnance be the best choice, or should i look to some other vendor?  any experience or reccomendations would be greatly appreciated.  thanks guys!  
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:06:17 AM EDT
[#1]
i got one from them back in december and its very nice, its got an eagle and 7 or 8 waffenamps pepperd around. the stock is pretty much ding/dentless and the bore is shiney with great rifling and a tight bore. they and  century are pretty much the only ones with rc's right now, i would buy another IO one in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:46:49 AM EDT
[#2]
IO has some very nice Russian Capture 98k's, I've ordered 3 from them so far and all had excellent bores. People dog IO alot but I have ordered alot of rifles from them with no problems and fast shipping.

As for Century RC 98k's . they billboard the barrel and add a new serial # on the receiver ring that looks like hell.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:02:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I have one of the 199.95 +20.00 excellent bore handpick fee ,Russian capture 98K's coming from Inter ordnance either today or tomorrow and will post what they send me.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:29:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Well mine came today, and I am very pleased....I have had it completly apart cleaning it, and except for it being a mixmaster....the action removed from the stock is about as perfect s one could ever hope for...it really has an excellent bore! no rust , no pitts, dents,peening of markings,
very small capture X....,  receiver is a Byf 44.  100% finish   Stock is VG, laminated, has the russian laquer on it, no major damage or dings that wont stream out. Not bad looking left as is. Flat butt plate. I feel it was a good deal and that I got my monies worth.

It came packed loose with no newspaper or wadding...that I dont like but its none the worse for it for it s ride in the double layer cardboard box. it came with a german marked post war , unused mauser tobacco can cleaning kit complete with all componants. a cleaning rod, and a sling that
looks like it was made with green canvas sewn to two cows tongues...lol im not even sure its sanitary and is a candidate for the trash( I have a front sight hood and replica Nazi sling coming)

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:04:52 PM EDT
[#5]
yep mine came without any newspaper or padding also, i shit my pants when i saw the fed ex guy walking up the driveway with the bolt sticking out the box... you'd think they would cover their own ass and put some godam padding in there !!!!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:18:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I ordered one from them on Friday.  How long did it take to get yours?  Did they give you a tracking number?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:39:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:41:56 PM EDT
[#8]
The last two I ordered online took about 7 working days and they didn't e-mail a tracking #.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:19:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I ordered one from them on Friday.  How long did it take to get yours?  Did they give you a tracking number?

I ordered wensday, and they charged my card and shipped on thursday...and from there to north Texas is 3 business days on fedex ground. I called monday 30th and the lady looked it up and ran fed ex tracking while we were on the phone . informed me 31st. I dont think its normalto get a tracking number according to her..but they are glad to look up your status for you.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:13:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Well somebody has to be home to sign for it, so its a real pain in the ass to not know when it comes.  I work during the day.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:22:14 AM EDT
[#11]
nice are you going to strip the finish off the stock and start over?

that's one thing I didn't like about the Russian re-arsenaled K98's, their greasy looking finish.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:35:30 PM EDT
[#12]
With Interordnance in the past everything was just great as long as there were no problems.  If there were problems it was just tough.

Customer service just couldn't happen without discussing it with one of the owners who were NOT available.

So if you order from them just keep your fingers crossed.<G>

Maybe things are better now...

Dennis Jenkins
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:39:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Well somebody has to be home to sign for it, so its a real pain in the ass to not know when it comes.  I work during the day.

I know ..thats why I called. and that is the first time I have ordered from them...I also prefer a tracking number.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:47:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:55:50 PM EDT
[#15]
It's NOT how things happen at companies that I do business with.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:

Quoted:
With Interordnance in the past everything was just great as long as there were no problems.  If there were problems it was just tough.

Customer service just couldn't happen without discussing it with one of the owners who were NOT available.

So if you order from them just keep your fingers crossed.<G>

Maybe things are better now...

Dennis Jenkins

Seems like that's how it is with most companies. It's also why I hesitate to buy things online sight unseen.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:23:12 PM EDT
[#16]
I got my tracking number.....and it's coming tomorrow.  I also, just coincidently, happen to be off work tomorrow!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:18:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Well, I just got mine today.  Handselect, it looks pretty much like the one you posted photos of.  Bore is very good, maker is "dot", it came with a cleaning rod and some weird looking sling ( looks kind of like a hippies belt).  It also had a cleaning kit dated in the 60's and a grease bottle.  The ad mentioned they came with capture screws, this did not because the trigger guard didnt have holes for them.  They did, however, include capture screws in a little bag.  This one has no pings and no Xs on it

Overall, I would rate this as advertised.  Looking at gunshow prices, this is a little bit better deal.  Compared to internet auction prices, a much better deal. I will order from them again when they restock in may.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:09:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Hang onto those capture screws.  If you plan on getting more of these, they will come in handy.  Capture screws and sight hoods are not the norm on Russian Capture rifles.  The Germans themselves often removed them as they tended to fill with snow, ice and mud in the heat of battle.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:24:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Well, I just got through taking that cruddy brown russian SHELLAC off of my K98K. It takes Denutured Alcohol, green solvent resistang gloves, a scotchbrite pad and a M16 tooth brush.
This stuff dont come off fast either...but in the end it is back to german again. The german oil finish
is really what we call food grade butcher block oil these days (castor oil like bought at the pharmacy is also usable)
So mine was stripped and oiled with Inox oil, now.
compare to the previous photos I posted

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:49:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Looks good.  I started the denatured alcohol cleaning on mine today.  After I'm done, I will steam out any dings and bleach the wood.  Then I plan to use BLO on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top