Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2006 3:11:14 PM EDT
Hello one and all,

Heard rumors last fall that the C&R flood-gates were going to open the first part of 2006 and a bunch of new stuff was going to arrive on our shores.

So far . . . NOTHING  ! !

So . .  any rumors out there ? ? ?

Thanks  ! !

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:17:11 PM EDT
[#1]
You probably were told this by the saem guy who told you CMP would be selling M1 carbines and that they used to have M14 rifles for civilin purchase, right?

Seriously, who told you that or where have you been hearing it?  I think the flood of Mosin-Nagants pretty much counts as floodgates, although that was the big thing last year...
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:32:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Tag for rumors.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:55:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Well . . .

I have seen a copy of a letter from ATF (posted on other gun boards) informing  importers that C&R stuff in other countries can be brought in -- referred to U.S. manufactured stuff that was sold/leased to other countries during the war years.  

And another "rumor" I heard was that Turkey had about 70,000 M-1's they wanted to sell.  Guess CMP did a look-see and said "pass".  

And . . .  I heard that an importer in KY made the comment that "several new items" would be here right after the first of the year .

Other than the ATF letter all I know is "rumors" . . .

But . . . .

will renew my C&R this month and hang-on to my money . . . . just in case . . . . .

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:50:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Were only a couple weeks into the year.  I'd give it a couple months.  Besides, everyone knows that all the surplus rifles in the world are sitting in thousands of train cars out in the Nevada desert waiting to be cracked open.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:31:18 AM EDT
[#5]
You can import US goods now but you must jump through allot of hoops, and you have been able to for months, but everytbody is having trouble getting form 6s from the state dept.   So there will be some US goods this year, but I doubt how big the shipments will be.  

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:05:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I've heard that the Russians have about 40,000 G43's for sale at $400 each.  The catch (according to the rumor control officer) is that they want to sell them in lots of 10,000.  So, $400 x 10,000 = $4million and no one want to front that kind of dough to the Russians.  May be total BS, but BS stories can be fun.  Seems like the people that imported the RC K98's would have a leg up on this, if it were true, but what the hell do I know?

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:19:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I've heard that the Russians have about 40,000 G43's for sale at $400 each.  The catch (according to the rumor control officer) is that they want to sell them in lots of 10,000.  So, $400 x 10,000 = $4million and no one want to front that kind of dough to the Russians.  May be total BS, but BS stories can be fun.  Seems like the people that imported the RC K98's would have a leg up on this, if it were true, but what the hell do I know?

If this were true, someone who could do it would have no problem selling all 10,000 G-43's. There is a big demand for them....they would easily sell out at $800 a piece. A decent G-43 is now up around $1300 or more.

I can only hope this pans out....
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:24:44 AM EDT
[#8]
The big importers (century, PW, etc...)  Have no prob getting 4 mill, its getting import permits out of Russia is the problem.   If the were in the Ukraine its fine, but Russian stuff has to be for Sporting purposes.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:49:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I believe the G43 is on the list, contained in the agreement with Russia, of weapons that are still okay to import into the U.S.  Only weapons not on the list must be for sporting purposes.

ETA:  This is the same list that contains the K98s and MNs that have been imported from Russia recently.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:03:39 PM EDT
[#10]
trust me, if they were there, and they are importable, they would be here.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:06:03 PM EDT
[#11]
It also depends upon what kind of payment structure the deal uses - exim process does things like "x% down, x amount in a US bank verified by a third party bank when the manifest is received and the stuff hits the water" etc etc"
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:17:55 PM EDT
[#12]
They are certainly importable.  Whether there are large numbers of them there, it is hard to tell, but with the way the Soviets saved everything it is hard to believe they didn't also have fair numbers of these, and as far as I know, they haven't shown up anywhere else.

Here is the list from the applicable U.S. reg:

(b) Notwithstanding paragraph (a) of this section, the Director shall deny applications to import into the United States the following firearms and ammunition:

(1) Any firearm located or manufactured in Georgia, Kazakstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russian Federation, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, or Uzbekistan, and any firearm previously manufactured in the Soviet Union, that is not one of the models listed below:

(i) Pistols/Revolvers:

(A) German Model P08 Pistol.

(B) IZH 34M, .22 caliber Target Pistol.

(C) IZH 35M, .22 caliber Target Pistol.

(D) Mauser Model 1896 Pistol.

(E) MC-57-1 Pistol.

(F) MC-1-5 Pistol.

(G) Polish Vis Model 35 Pistol.

(H) Soviet Nagant Revolver.

(I) TOZ 35, .22 caliber Target Pistol.

(ii) Rifles:

(A) BARS-4 Bolt Action Carbine.

(B) Biathlon Target Rifle, .22LR caliber.

(C) British Enfield Rifle.

(D) CM2, .22 caliber Target Rifle (also known as SM2, 22 caliber).

(E) German Model 98K Rifle.

(F) German Model G41 Rifle.

(G) German Model G43 Rifle.

(H) IZH-94.

(I) LOS-7 Bolt Action Rifle.

(J) MC-7-07.

(K) MC-18-3.

(L) MC-19-07.

(M) MC-105-01.

(N) MC-112-02.

(O) MC-113-02.

(P) MC-115-1.

(Q) MC-125/127.

(R) MC-126.

(S) MC-128.

(T) Saiga Rifle.

(U) Soviet Model 38 Carbine.

(V) Soviet Model 44 Carbine.

(W) Soviet Model 91/30 Rifle.

(X) TOZ 18, .22 caliber Bolt Action Rifle.

(Y) TOZ 55.

(Z) TOZ 78.

(AA) Ural Target Rifle, .22LR caliber.

(BB) VEPR Rifle.

(CC) Winchester Model 1895, Russian Model Rifle;

Most of the non-Russian states of the former U.S.S.R. have been removed from the proscribed list since the original regs were put in place.

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:42:12 PM EDT
[#13]
omg...

I would clean out my life savings if G43's showed up.  

I bet those guys have 1000's of MP44/STG44s stored away as well.  Should just cut them up and send them over as parts kits.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:57:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
omg...

I would would clean out my life savings if G43's showed up.  

I bet those guys have 1000's of MP44/STG44s stored away as well.  Should just cut them up and send them over as parts kits.  

Sometimes makes you want to be a resident of the former Eastern bloc.....
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:58:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Soylant green is made of people.

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:04:08 PM EDT
[#16]
The g-43's are there as importers have posted many times on seeing them. The issue comes to the dollars wanted by the Russians and the cost of getting them to our shores. If I remember correctly the cost to the consumer would reach the $1500 range and many feel this is outside of most peoples budgets to move them.

I kick myself when they came in back in the 80's for $349!

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:08:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Insiders at Glock confirm that a new non-kaboomable handgun is in the works. It is said that this revolutionary new firearm will be made from a rare material call "metal".

-Foxxz

ETA-Whoops! Thought this was GD. Sorry!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:07:43 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Insiders at Glock confirm that a new non-kaboomable handgun is in the works. It is said that this revolutionary new firearm will be made from a rare material call "metal".

-Foxxz

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:07:04 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

-Foxxz

get lost

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:54:04 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Well . . .

And another "rumor" I heard was that Turkey had about 70,000 M-1's they wanted to sell.  Guess CMP did a look-see and said "pass".  

Which means Century will sell 'em as "Like New"!  
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:03:18 AM EDT
[#21]
glock carbine soon!! im not lieing!!! and they will be standard mil issue!!!
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:14:06 AM EDT
[#22]
I dont see SVT-40s on that list, unless they are under a different name?

Id love to see G41s and G43s come over, id sell off a number of my rifles to have at least one of these two types of rifles....  

If I was to have only 1 gun for the rest of my life, itd be a G43.  Im sorry but its the sharpest piece of machinery ever.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:36:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Mp-44 varients went to East Germany who sold them all to Yugoslavia for their paratroopers in the mid 1980's. There are not that many left in Russia in any kind of shape you would buy.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:03:13 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Mp-44 varients went to East Germany who sold them all to Yugoslavia for their paratroopers in the mid 1980's. There are not that many left in Russia in any kind of shape you would buy.

yes, many are in Yugoslavia, as one member who was stationed there saw a cache of STGs.  But I was guessing that Russia still had some.  They (the Germans) made a significant number, something like 300,000 so I was willing to bet there's a fair number (maybe a thousand or more) still somewhere in Russia or other eastern bloc countries.

-mark
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:30:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Most that were in Eastern block countries were sold to Western European nations on the civilian market. Some went to NZ and other places like that.  The Czechs sold hundreds to the netherlands.

There are few left, and you won't buy one anyway so why worry?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:21:15 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

There are few left, and you won't buy one anyway so why worry?

maybe not at the moment.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:00:04 PM EDT
[#27]
The shock will wear off when you see how much ammo costs.

I had to reload for a freind once in this caliber. What a Pain in the butt when he started losing all the formed brass I stopped doing it for him.

Right now there is a whole bunch of stuff starting to "leak" out of Russia.  Motorcycles with side cars are the hot item right now.

37mm and 45mm cannons are right behind. As far as small arms, who knows, maybe some more of the same.  The black market is getting to the German stuff before anyone else is so the best will be few and far between.

There is great surplus coming in all the time.  problem is that it is in very small numbers and the top end dealers get them for themselves first.

There is a ton of stuff out there in theworl, some countries think that their equipment isworth a fortune.  When they need the $, it will change.

The market will never dry up, the options will  simply become fewer.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:05:28 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
The shock will wear off when you see how much ammo costs.

I had to reload for a freind once in this caliber. What a Pain in the butt when he started losing all the formed brass I stopped doing it for him.

Right now there is a whole bunch of stuff starting to "leak" out of Russia.  Motorcycles with side cars are the hot item right now.

37mm and 45mm cannons are right behind. As far as small arms, who knows, maybe some more of the same.  The black market is getting to the German stuff before anyone else is so the best will be few and far between.

There is great surplus coming in all the time.  problem is that it is in very small numbers and the top end dealers get them for themselves first.

There is a ton of stuff out there in theworl, some countries think that their equipment isworth a fortune.  When they need the $, it will change.

The market will never dry up, the options will  simply become fewer.

my question is, why doesnt anyone here in the US duplicate and make a clone of the G43, or STG44...even if they cost $2k apiece im pretty darned sure they would sell like hotcakes.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:46:24 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Were only a couple weeks into the year.  I'd give it a couple months.  Besides, everyone knows that all the surplus rifles in the world are sitting in thousands of train cars out in the Nevada desert waiting to be cracked open.

Need more info-location, etc
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:21:35 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
my question is, why doesnt anyone here in the US duplicate and make a clone of the G43, or STG44...even if they cost $2k apiece im pretty darned sure they would sell like hotcakes.

The G-43 action is a nightmare.  It really is a poor design.  The rifle really wouldn't  have that huge of a market outside the re-enactor groups.  There really wouldn't be enough of a pool of buyers to make it cost produtive.  most gun owners are Winchester and shotgun kind of guys.

I have seen re-enactors make up MP-44 clones out of G-3 / HK 91 or other HK rifles.  not really sure what models.  They look really good but are expensive.  I once looked into having one made in .223 or 7.62 x 39 out of a modern HK and it would have run about $2,500 with me providing the specs and the stock.  magazines are another issue.

I would like a new production G-43 in .30-06 or .308 with quality steel, heck yea.  Having shot the Mp-44, semi-suto just wouldn't be the same.  They both would bee cool all the same.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:29:24 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Quoted:

I have seen re-enactors make up MP-44 clones out of G-3 / HK 91 or other HK rifles.  not really sure what models.  They look really good but are expensive.  I once looked into having one made in .223 or 7.62 x 39 out of a modern HK and it would have run about $2,500 with me providing the specs and the stock.  magazines are another issue.

I would like a new production G-43 in .30-06 or .308 with quality steel, heck yea.  Having shot the Mp-44, semi-suto just wouldn't be the same.  They both would bee cool all the same.

Yeah, they made some out of the 93's (or 53 maybe?) and also out of the Vector V-93's, that was the most cost effective way from what I read.  

Yeah, the auto was fun and more controllable than I imagined.  But that goes for any gun, if you've shot it full auto, it's a big step down in semi.  Felt that way after I shot a member's M16 for a day, and then went back to my "AR15"
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:31:29 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The G-43 action is a nightmare.  It really is a poor design.  The rifle really wouldn't  have that huge of a market outside the re-enactor groups.  There really wouldn't be enough of a pool of buyers to make it cost produtive.  most gun owners are Winchester and shotgun kind of guys.

why would you want it in .30-06 or .308....when you could have it in 8mm.....

well...I like the rifle and would buy at least one if they were available as I had stated.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:46:29 AM EDT
[#33]
i wish more pistols would come in.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:38:28 AM EDT
[#34]
man, I saw an Immaculate G43 (might have been a 41) at the fun show this weekend.  The guy wanted $4500 for it though.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:44:38 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
man, I saw an Immaculate G43 (might have been a 41) at the fun show this weekend.  The guy wanted $4500 for it though.

From the price, I would guess a 41....even for a pristine 43 with scope and mount, that seems a bit high...
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:23:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Yeah I think it was the 41.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:41:19 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

well...I like the rifle and would buy at least one if they were available as I had stated.

.308 or .30-06 because 8mm will not always be around as cheaply. I am thinking long term when I say this.  I prefer the 8mm round but I am thinking availabiltiy.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:43:37 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

.308 or .30-06 because 8mm will not always be around as cheaply. I am thinking long term when I say this.  I prefer the 8mm round but I am thinking availabiltiy.

this is why im buying surplus ammo cheap now...so 5-10 years down the road....
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:10:56 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
omg...

No the STG-44s were sold to Syria and are being recovered and destoried in Iraq i blew up 3
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:57:59 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

No the STG-44s were sold to Syria and are being recovered and destoried in Iraq i blew up 3

Ban him, ban him now!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:24:04 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ban him, ban him now!

+2352905825098

Traitor...

jk....its a shame though....  I would of given you my mailing address, should of told me
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:47:50 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
omg...

I know you probably had to do it but
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:12:38 AM EDT
[#43]

just cut the receiver in half or something.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:59:07 AM EDT
[#44]
heres a good question, why dont they ship these historically significant and rare firearms over to US and European Museans to at LEAST put them on display?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:30:23 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
heres a good question, why dont they ship these historically significant and rare firearms over to US and European Museans to at LEAST put them on display?

Because much of the military brass above colonel nowadays are a bunch of pole smoking PC politician wannabe fags...thats why.

It appears very few "real" soldiers, Marines, sailors or airmen make it past colonel, or at least 1 star rank, becuase to do it, you have to be willing to be a boot licking, PC line toeing, you can't bring anything home POS most of the times.

Assholes  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:59:54 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because much of the military brass above colonel nowadays are a bunch of pole smoking PC politician wannabe fags...thats why.

It appears very few "real" soldiers, Marines, sailors or airmen make it past colonel, or at least 1 star rank, becuase to do it, you have to be willing to be a boot licking, PC line toeing, you can't bring anything home POS most of the times.

Assholes  

the future looks more bleak every day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top