Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2005 5:52:42 AM EDT
Is this a kit for a complete rifle, or do you have to purchase other parts to complete the rifle?  Also, is the cost of the parts kit plus whatever else you need to buy a good deal for getting an AK?  I'm not sure what an AK-75 is, what are the differences between that and an AK-74? (Googled it, but didn't find anything of substance).

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:57:47 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Is this a kit for a complete rifle, or do you have to purchase other parts to complete the rifle?  Also, is the cost of the parts kit plus whatever else you need to buy a good deal for getting an AK?  I'm not sure what an AK-75 is, what are the differences between that and an AK-74? (Googled it, but didn't find anything of substance).  Thanks!

Web location please?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:00:57 AM EDT
[#2]
It's the same as building any other parts kit.

If you are good with tools, you can do it yourself, but you'll need to buy or make some tooling unless you do a screw build.

You'll need a receiver, and you'll also need to watch your parts count so you'll have extra money in some US parts.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:42:30 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Is this a kit for a complete rifle,  NOPE or do you have to purchase other parts Yes,
US Made Fire Control Group $35.00,
US Made Pistol Grip 15, Receiver by Tapco, Ohio Ordnance or Global Trades $15 to 100 including FFL fee on a ready made unit,
US made mussel brake $10.   All prices are averages.

Also, is the cost of the parts kit plus whatever else you need to buy a good deal for getting an AK?  Best deal is to buy a built gun from AIM for $329.    You'll spend a small fortune in tools and misc. stuff getting the necessary elements to actually build the kit.  Building ONE kit is NOT cheap.  If you love it for a hobbie (building guns) then it's fine.  But if you want a good gun most economical, buy it.

I'm not sure what an AK-75 is, what are the differences between that and an AK-74? (Googled it, but didn't find anything of substance). AK75 is the SAME thing as an AKM-47.  I'm guessing the 75 stands for the year this version of the AK-47 was designed with the fashionable front handle.
Thanks!

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:20:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies.  Looks like I might stay away from them, not really interested in having more than one.

Their website is www.aimsurplus.com if you want to take a look at them.

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:55:43 PM EDT
[#5]
everything you would want to know about building an AK from a kit would be in the AK forum, I've already inquired about it, if you don't have the tooling set up, you're gonna pay a lot to get it, if you do then you're set and you'll save money, other than that, it's better to buy an AK from a reputible builder.

-mark
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top