Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2005 3:41:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:04:23 PM EDT
[#1]
great guns!  I love the 2A.  It was my first C&R gun and got me sucked into old military guns.  It is very, very accurate.  I can hit a paper plate mounted on a stick at 300yds all day long with it.

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:56:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I haven't seen these at the wholesalerers in quite a while.

You can probably find one for sale at one of the auction sites.

SOG used to have them for $69 back in the good ole' days.<G>

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
I had a Navy Arms "tanker" cut down of this rifle several years ago and just got back from a buddy's house who showed me his still-grease-caked 2A rifle.  I have that itching again...

Any supply houses still have the Indian 308 2A's in stock?

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:17:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Any supply houses still have the Indian 308 2A's in stock?

I haven't seen any at the supply houses in a while , But I bought mine from, and have seen others in local gunshops. I picked up an excellent one for about $119. Great rifle. I shoot the Indian ammo with great results.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:05:21 PM EDT
[#4]
There is a guy at the PRO & Goodman's shows that has 2 or 3 in stock. I'll check this weekend for ya and see if he's got a good deal going. Maybe I can score ya one.

-Craig
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:41:59 PM EDT
[#5]
This is my Gibbs Rifle Company No.7 in .308. They refer to it as a "Jungle Carbine", but I would call it more of a "Tanker" carbine:

This is the link for Gibbs, but I don't know if they are still in business:

www.gibbsrifle.com/history.html
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:37:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top