Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2004 2:02:16 PM EDT
Before heading to the show, I printed out the description of a few different types of Mausers from http://www.surplusrifle.com , along with the recommendation (from this board) to look for a Yugo Mauser.

One of the first Mausers I came across happened to be a Yugo which looked very good with a bayonet, but the price was $200 and a bit more then I was told these models run. Plus, I usually walk through the entire show and price match before making an offer.

Found a few other Mausers which were sorta beat up and carried a high price.

Near the end of the show, I found the dealer from whom I purchased my M-44 as they had the better prices and selection of M-44 at the show. Low and behold, I see 3 strange looking Mausers. Using the printout from the Surplus Rifles web site, I find the image of the same rifle and it appears to be a Swedish Mauser (http://www.surplusrifle.com/mauserswedish/index.asp)
The last paragraph of the description reads as follows:
"This Swedish Mauser is in belief one of the finest examples of the Mauser rifle.  The level of craftsmanship  and detail is incredible. If you have an opportunity to purchase one - DO!. "

Here is the description of the rifle I purchased per the tag:
1922 Dated (All matching numbers)
Sedish Model 1896 Infantry Rifle, MFG by Carl Eustaf in 1922,
All matching numbers,
bore is very good.
6.5 Swedish Caliber.
Very Good condition.
No rust or pitting very good wood.
No longer imported.
Getting hard to find
Very accurate rifle.

Here is a picture.

BTW: They had another rifle there but it had a bent bolt very similar to a M38, but it was not. It was a M96 built in 1902 or 03. Is this model known for having a bent bolt?
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:16:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:50:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Those swedes are damn good rifles. Debatably the most accurate surplus around (Alog with the K31, Finnish M39, and M1903s)
You won't be disappointed with a swede.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top