Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2003 5:10:26 PM EDT
Well I finally bought a new bolt and cleaned up my type 99 Arisaka and am getting ready to shoot it.  Now I need ammo.  The only ammo I can find online is from Norma and cost at least $37 per box.  I remember reading somewhere earlier this year about Hornady making ammo in old surplus military calibers.  At the time they had just started making 7.5 Swiss, 6.5 Carcano, and 7.65 ARG.  If I recall the ammo was only about $20 per box.  They had plans to make 6.5mm and 7.7mm Jap in the future.  I haven't seen anything on this since then.  Anyone know if and when any of this ammo will be available?
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 9:59:26 PM EDT
[#1]
You probably should keep an eye on www.grafs.com.

I bought some of the Frontier 7.5 MAS brass. It works ok.

The new stuff has a Grafs headstamp.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
Well I finally bought a new bolt and cleaned up my type 99 Arisaka and am getting ready to shoot it.  Now I need ammo.  The only ammo I can find online is from Norma and cost at least $37 per box.  I remember reading somewhere earlier this year about Hornady making ammo in old surplus military calibers.  At the time they had just started making 7.5 Swiss, 6.5 Carcano, and 7.65 ARG.  If I recall the ammo was only about $20 per box.  They had plans to make 6.5mm and 7.7mm Jap in the future.  I haven't seen anything on this since then.  Anyone know if and when any of this ammo will be available?

Link Posted: 12/21/2003 2:03:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I think I saw some older ammo in 7.7 at ammoman in closeout, or oddlots section.  I also have 99 Arisaka, but I have never fired it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 4:06:57 AM EDT
[#3]
IM sent.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 8:18:36 AM EDT
[#4]
7.7 Jap can easily be made from .30-06.  In the not to far long run, getting some good used 06 cases and a cheap single stage reloader will be well worth it.  Go to www.mosin-nagant.net foruns and go to the Jap forum and they will be more than happy to give you the how-to on this.  I have seen quite a bit of 06 stuff modified for the Jap 7.7.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top