Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2003 7:52:27 PM EDT
I was trying to read about the C&R license and keep seeing it is for "interstate" transactions. Does this mean if I get a C&R I can't order from a place in my own state? AIM and SOG are here in Ohio and that would mean the C&R wouldn't help me.

Am I correct in the point of getting the C&R is to get C&R rifles shipped straight to you and not having to pay a dealer a transfer fee?
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 8:05:10 PM EDT
[#1]
The C&R license does allow you to order C&R firearms and have them shipped to your door.  I don't know why it would matter if you happen to live in the same state as the dealer shipping the rifle.  
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 8:35:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Read. It says noyhing about buying from your own state.  Why does it specifically say interstate? That is saying to me the C&R is to buy from outside your state of residence.

Did you order a Turk Mauser?
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 8:41:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I searched the ATF website and can't find anything to clarify this.  I'll drop them an e-mail and get back to you.

I think the wife is going to have me order one for myself for christmas.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 8:44:09 PM EDT
[#4]
That is nice of her. I want one too.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 11:13:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Interstate = any state

Intrastate = youre home state

Just like Truck driving
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 3:58:12 AM EDT
[#6]
You can buy from a dealer instate. When traveling, you can even buy from a dealer in another state as long as you take possesion personally.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:23:26 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a C&R and you can purchase in your home state. If you go a local hometown dealer (not SOG, Wholesale, JLD, etc.) who has a particular C&R eligible firearm you want, you can bring a copy of your 03 FFL and make the purchase (without all the forms). Unfortunately, a lot of the smaller dealers are not quite clear on what a C&R FFL is. You might run into problems concerning what needs to be recorded for the transfer. You're better off sticking with the dealers like SOG, JLD, etc. who have been dealing with C&R's for a while.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:41:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I've purchased from both SOG and AIM either picking the item up directly or having it delivered.  It kinda sucks living in OH because two of the largest milsurp distributers are here and you get pinched for the sales tax whether you have it shipped or not.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 12:18:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I have had my C&R license for over a year. I have bought interstate that is from out of state. I bought a CMP M1 Garand. Miltech's Russian Historic SKS and Tokarev SVT 40 they are in Ca. Also bought a used Tokarev SVT 40 rifle from Oregon. These were shipped UPS right to my home. No transfer fee involved. I live in Ohio. Had no problems. Konrado
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 7:07:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Couple of years age I was in Fla on vacation,(I live in Oh as well)find a nice m38 mosin, I ask if they will take a C&R, No problem they say, I whip out a copy of my C&R sign it,filled out the yellow form (4473?)  and fork over some cash and walk out of the store, no NICS check, Couple of the locals in there waiting to get approved were stunned, That's one of the perks of a C&R, buying C&R stuff anywhere in the country....Had I not had a C&R I would'nt have been able to buy at all, as I wasn't a resident or a resident of a bordering state.....
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 11:03:07 AM EDT
[#11]
I thought the C&R absolved you of having to fill out 4473 on C&R eligible guns....  Is this not right?
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 2:50:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Yes, that is correct.  I'm guessing the store wanted a paper trail considering NICS wasn't called.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top